Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
45six
Channel Surfer

Re: Pluto TV crashing on both of my Roku devices

Jump to solution

Mine just started yesterday on both my Roku Express 4K+ and my older Roku Stick+ but Pluto still works on the LG TV app and my Xfinity Flex streaming box. I called my brother and it's working on his Roku stick. I guess I'll have to try your 3 weeks fix, lol since I tried every fix I could try.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @45six

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

45six
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Pluto is the only channel I'm having a problem with and Pluto worked fine on Monday but when I attempted to open it yesterday it opens to the logo screen but then it goes black and the channel closes. I went upstairs and was surprised that the exact same thing happened on a different tv and Roku device. I then checked when the Roku devices last updated and it was 12/22/22 so I didn't see that as a problem. I did all the troubleshooting suggested and none of it helped. I was curious if it was an internet problem since I recently dropped cable tv and now just have the internet from Xfinity. I do have a streaming device called a Flex from xfinity but Pluto works fine on it. 

Thanks

ejmorgan55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Pluto is also not working and has not worked since the last update on 2/28/23. Apparently this update has a bug affecting Roku TV. You folks need to address this and provide an update.

0 Kudos
ejmorgan55
Reel Rookie

Re: Pluto TV App not working on Roku TV or devices

Jump to solution

Pluto is not working and has not worked since the last update on 2/28/23. Apparently this update has a bug affecting Roku TV. You folks need to address this and provide an update.

0 Kudos
ejmorgan55
Reel Rookie

ROKU TV Pluto not working since last update

Jump to solution

Pluto is not working and has not worked since the last update on 2/28/23. Apparently this update has a bug affecting Roku TV. You folks need to address this and provide an update. I have gone through all the reset functions: check updates; remove pluto; restart system; reinstall pluto. I have a good internet connection. My TV memory is not full; cache is clear. As this began when the last update happened; it would appear that the problem lies with the software update; not the TV; further, I note many others are also posting that Pluto is not working. Please address this issue.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU TV Pluto not working since last update

Jump to solution

Hello @ejmorgan55

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting.

If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart. 

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
theMezz
Streaming Star

Re: Pluto TV App Not Working - New TV

Jump to solution

I uninstalled the Pluto TV app.

Restarted the TV.

Installed the Pluto app

Pressed the Star Key on the Pluto TV Tile It says Version 5.24  Build 1
I checked for updates and it says "up to date"

I click the tile and the Pluto Logo loads then kicks me off - back to the home screen.

So still not working

jfields57
Reel Rookie

Pluto is kicking us out and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

We have 4 different Roku devices in our home. I can duplicate the same issue on ALL of our devices. You can open the Pluto app on ANY of our Roku devices (since Monday) and it will dump you right back to the home screen.I've checked to see if the device software was up to date along with slecting the Pluto app and selecting *key with no improvement on any device. I know Pluto is working because we also have two Apple tv's along with a Firestik. They're all working without issue. Seems kind of silly to have to plug in another streaming device into a Series 5 tv that's less than two weeks old. My family's out to get me for cutting the cord and ditching cable...... HELP!

bobber
Streaming Star

Re: Pluto TV App not working on Roku TV or devices

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue. My Hisense Roku TV and each of my Roku sticks will not play Pluto TV. Problem started last evening and still not resolved.

0 Kudos