Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lmann123
Reel Rookie

Paramount+ playback error on all Roku devices

I have tried every troubleshooting solution out there and nothing is working! All of my other streaming channels work fine, but on both Roku TVs I have I get “playback error try again” message only on paramount. I am able to stream it from my phone and iPad, so it is not a problem with my account. I have updated both TVs, unplugged, reset, deleted and reinstalled app and none of these are fixing 

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
aprilmacomber
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount+ new user, app doesn't work on two Roku devices

I have Roku model 3810RW/Roku streaming stick+ and the only channel that consistently never works on my TV is Paramount Plus. 
serial number YH008P935722, software version 11.5.0 build 4312–50, device ID 225028935722

tracker ID -doesn’t give me one🤷🏼‍♀️

Steps to make this happen is that you simply go into the channel Paramount plus, select a show to watch, it starts to load and then says ERROR- Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again.

So frustrating!!😫

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @aprilmacomber

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Thanks for reporting this issue to us, let us help. Have you tried to remove the channel? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
aprilmacomber
Reel Rookie

Yes, i have checked for updates, added and removed the channel more than once, restarted the roku a few times, and just “reset” it, NOTHING has worked. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @aprilmacomber

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

It's important to perform a restart of your Roku device before attempting to reinstall the channel. Have you tried following the recommended steps in the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install)? If not, we highly recommend doing so. Additionally, we suggest restarting your device from the Settings menu by going to Settings > System > Power (if you don't see a Power submenu, proceed to the next step) > System restart. This should help resolve the issue you are experiencing.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
aprilmacomber
Reel Rookie

It did not work unfortunately. I have taken these steps multiple times. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount+ playback error on all Roku devices

Hi @Lmann123,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with Paramount + with your Roku device and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

Please make sure when removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lmann123
Reel Rookie

I have tried those, on both TVs and it’s still not working. It starts loading then goes back to the error screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lmann123,

Thanks for following up.

Just to verify, when did this issue first start occurring? Was there a software update?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lmann123
Reel Rookie

It started yesterday. I looked for a software update on the actual firmware and on the channel. But there weren’t any 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.