Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toothless1

Paramount+ has black screen

I have a roku premiere and had paramount+when we were in Yuma but when we returned home it just comes up with a black screen with paramount in the corner have rebooted everything but doesn’t seem to help any suggestions?

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount+ has black screen

@Toothless1, when you highlight the channel/app on the home screen and press * on your remote do you get an option to "Remove channel" or one that says "Manage subscription"?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@Toothless1  If home happens to be outside the US, I would suggest looking at this thread.

0 Kudos
dsmart978
Reel Rookie

Paramount Plus Not Working

I signed up for Paramount Plus. When I try to play a video it acts like it is going to play then exits back to the episode screen. It is doing this on both of my Roku TV's. It is working fine on my Android phone so I know the login is correct. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

If you are experiencing an issue with the Paramount+ channel showing a black screen with the logo during playback, please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of the issue on screen

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hall

Re: Paramount Plus Not Working

Exact same problem

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hall,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
6. How long has the issue been occurring?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
dsmart978
Reel Rookie

PXL_20220925_000814842.jpg

In the Paramount Plus app I click on a video to watch it. I click on a video I want to watch. I click on Watch Now. The screen goes black for a few seconds with a spinning circle. After 2-4 seconds it returns to the title screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dsmart978

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in that order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dsmart978
Reel Rookie

That did not work. Same problem. 

0 Kudos