Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gspiva
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Content is not available try again later - Paramount Plus

Jump to solution

I was having this issue exactly last night. Would stop on 17 secs of the ad EVERY TIME! Infuriating! But this morning I hit * on the Paramount icon ,it updated and now works ok. Still want my time back that I just wanted to catch up on NCIS

txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still messed up for me.  No update;  still freezes.  Back to Netflix I go.  

splastrik
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately it still isn't working. You just got lucky, every now and then it will work, probably load dependant. I'm any case, the problem still persists. 

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

In relation to the two messages prior to this, I decided to try one more thing.  Delete the Paramount app.  Power off the Roku and on again.  The go to New and Updated channels and re-add and re-activate the channel.  Tested.  Still fails at Ads.

0 Kudos
truemist

Jump to solution

I have tried all the fixes that have been mentioned and nothing.  I have "attempted" to reach out to Paramount and nothing.  I only have issues with video playback on Paramount+.  I despise having to watch tv on my laptop, what is the point of having a tv if you have to watch it on the computer.  It does work on the laptop, just not on Roku

0 Kudos
MKritz

Jump to solution

Watching LiveTV on app via Roku… it fails within minutes with the “content not available” screen.  I switched over to my backup AppleTV box and no problems there!! Seems like the app on Roku needs some work!

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I think it's important to remember that the Roku / Paramount issue seems to be dependent upon the network connection.  Because if my Verizon phone Hot Spot works fine with the Roku but my Nextlink wireless connection fails, that is a very particular circumstance directly related to how the Ads are transported to the Roku when watching a Series.  Movies play fine.  It's only Series that want to play the Ad and hang up and won't start.  

But I asked my neighborhood with the similar question with Paramount, is anyone else having issues as there are different services in my community, such as Spectrum and Rise BB, and Nextlink etc.  And different services use different modems/routers and may have different DNS servers.  But people with Spectrum had the problem and Rise.  But what is even more peculiar is if it's the same broadband to my laptop as to the Roku, why does the web Paramount work fine to a series?  One thing that is different on the laptop vs the Roku is if I start a series, it doesn't play an Ad at the beginning.  The show simply starts.  On the Roku, it's always an Ad.  

One thing that's ironic is I was failing to watch the Ghosts series on Roku, but it just came to HBO and it works fine on that without any Ads.  LOL

0 Kudos
bkimmiller
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with the ad breaks. And oddly enough, I can play their crummy shows, which I really don't care about anyway. I'd only gotten Paramount+ for "1883" and will cancel as soon as it ends. When I try to load an episode, the ads start, and I can watch the "ad timer" in the top left count down the seconds. As soon as it gets to 6 seconds left, everything freezes and then I get the "Content Unavailable - Try Again Later" message, which is absolutely maddening. If I paid for an app, the content had BETTER be available. I think it's a Roku issue, because I have found that I can go on Paramount +'s website, login, and watch with no problems on my computer, tablet or Android phone. What a shame Roku and Paramount don't care enough about their customers to listen and try to deliver a decent product. 

0 Kudos
bkimmiller
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Have done this numerous times. Did not work on ANY of my three Rokus! 

0 Kudos
Gspiva
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well it seemed like it was fixed.. but. Was able to catch up on NCIS, prob watched 4 episodes over two nights. Watched last night no issue then tried new Ghosts show. Watched one of those without error then boom, on second episode right back to the stoppage on 16 second mark of an ad. Could not watch the second episode. Grrrrrr!!!

0 Kudos