Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Re: Error: Content is not available try again later - Paramount Plus

Jump to solution

Just for grins, I logged into the CBS channel, which uses my Dish login vs Paramount that uses a subscription login.  Went to the same show that freezes under Paramount and it does the same thing with the CBS channel.  Content unavailable.  So it's the horse, not the cart.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

After weeks of this problem, I turned auto play off, restarted the app and it worked fine. Not sure if it’s a fluke…

Update: yeah it was a fluke 

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I tried turning of Autoplay in Settings today.  Didn't help.

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This was an interesting experiment.  Sitting 15 ft away from Roku with Android phone, turned on Hot Spot.  Connected Roku to it.  Ran Paramount.  It literally ran 3 times faster than my 32 gbps Nextlink Wifi.  

Went to Ghosts show.  Worked like a charm with hot spot.  Hmmmm.....

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I keep autoplay off at all times so it don't seem like that would be the problem

0 Kudos
Robert70

Jump to solution

Went through billing chat and received a refund on my year subscription for a service that didn't work. To deny it would be illegal even with a no refund policy for the reason of no service. Class Action lawsuits exist for this very reason. I am tired of dealing with a problem that has persisted for months. Bad business. Roku's and Paramount's loss. Good luck.

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So relating to my earlier post about Hot Spot connection working, my brother and I fooled around with DNS settings on home router.  

The Roku and laptop essentially are dependent upon the same Nextlink DNS setting, whereas the Verizon phone is different.  But since the laptop works fine with Paramount and the Roku fails with shows, it's evident that the Roku channel is doing something different than the website .  Any "show" I load off Roku wants to kick in a couple of Ads before starting.  On website, the show simply starts.  Same with my Android phone.  

This tells me the Roku channel is redirecting to play those ads for shows.  And that's where it stalls.  But since it works fine with my Hot Spot, I have to believe it's a complex combination of my ISP and DNS and the Roku itself.  And you can't change the primary DNS on my ISP or you lose internet entirely.  And you can't put a different DNS into a Roku. 

Unfortunately, I can't try a different router with my ISP without registering it with them. BUT, I can bring my Roku next door to a friends house who has a different ISP and see what happens.  

0 Kudos
cpc1978

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue!! This needs to be fixed. Ridiculous that I’m paying for a service that I’m not getting. 

0 Kudos
tinypaper

Jump to solution

this happens on both of my TCL/Roku TV's but not on my Frestick/Prime TV's.... it is a Roku issue.

please advise....

0 Kudos
pscarbor
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Happens to me frequently, especially when watching during prime time. Live TV freezes, sometimes recovers, other times doesn't. For me this began right after the washed out colors fix that was rolled out a few weeks ago. Tonight it especially bad, happens every couple of minutes.

I assume that sooner or later either Roku or P+ will break down and fix this latest bug (and probably break something else in the process since apparently neither company's development apparatus is familiar with the concept of regression testing. Make that REGRESSION TESTING, dummies). In the meantime everyone should feel free to contact both companies and blather on, maybe even threaten to hold their breath - but it will get fixed when they're good and ready and not one millisecond sooner. In other words, neither Roku nor Paramount give a flying f**k about customer satisfaction.

Ah for the good old days when all I had to worry about is which rabbit ear to wiggle in order to watch Howdy Doody!

0 Kudos