Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carsub83

Re: Paramount+ Green Screen when playing movies

Jump to solution

Same issue.  Can see thumbnails and get sound on TV.  Can watch on my laptop, but not on the TV via the Roku system. Even added the bundle package for P+, still not working

jedischultz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In NE Ohio, Roku Sound bar for a long time, everything is fine.  However, was today adding Paramount + to a 3rdnd tv, Roku streaming stick and green screen w/ sound, (and I also see the FF video fine), tried other tv show and movies and still Green when hitting to "watch".  Tried all the mentioned "fixes" to no avail. I have the Paramount/Showtime bundle.

StevyG

Re: Paramount plus playback black screen

Jump to solution

I am having tHe same problem. I rebooted the Roku and still d.OES not give picture thru show?

Jb1982
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Has anyone tried a Factory Reset on the roku. That's about the only thing I haven't tried 

Jb1982
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's crazy that all these people at the same time having the same issue..there's gotta be a fix. 

Ttawwebb

Jump to solution

Happening in Texas as well. Roku tv app works, but the roku device does not. 

Not all shows have the green screen error either. Some still show normally.

Uninstaller the channel, rebooted the device. No change.

matthudd

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if this is a Roku issue or a Paramount+ issue.  It could be the app or it could be their server. Here is what I have found: Star Trek Discovery and Star Trek Strange New Worlds are green but Star Trek The Next Generation streams well.  Criminal Minds, Tulsa King and 1923 are green but NCIS and Spongebob stream fine. Every movie I have tried is green. I have tried resetting my WiFi, removing - restarting the Roku - adding the app again, unplugging my Roku for a few minutes. Nothing fixes it.  I have not factory reset my Roku.  All other apps work fine.

Mgrime90

Jump to solution

Same in Alabama. This obviously isn’t a Roku issue, since it plays all other apps just fine. 

tonksmom

Jump to solution

Same here in PA. I accidentally started playing a different season of criminal minds and that was fine. When I switched to the new episode it's green. Actually I just tried and other seasons seem to be ok. Just season 16 with the green screen. And I tried the delete the app and reinstall thing and it didn't work.

lsanthrax

Jump to solution

It's a paramount plus issue. Their app is **bleep** no matter the platform, the fact that this is a widespread issue affecting many users that started today and they haven't bothered to acknowledge the problem let alone take any steps to help their subscribers should help drive the point home even more.

Roku 4660x2 and Roku 4200x both have the same issue streaming ANY movies, I'm in Missouri, was trying to watch the new scream. Tried a half dozen HDMI cables, different Roku devices, different TVs, router and internet resets, tv software and firmware updates. Nothing, not a bloody change after hours of troubleshooting and doing every specific and generic "fix" you could imagine.

My decision? Canceling their craptastic service. It's an issue solely with them and they sure as **bleep** won't provide timely support. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.