Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sadie1
Reel Rookie

Re: Over The Air Channels (network tv) Disappeared

I have scanned my antenna and got 51 channels but my roku tv will only show 5 of them.

what could be causing this?

0 Kudos
Denney46

I looked through my settings and saw that my zipcode had changed with the last update.  I corrected the zipcode and rescanned all the channels - all the OTA channels came back.

0 Kudos
bob837

same problem

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users!

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your OTA channels. We're glad to help. Kindly try to perform a system restart on your Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power (if this is not an option, kindly skip the step) > System Restart. After doing so, please try to re-scan the local channels; you can refer to this support article here for more information on scanning local channels. Also, updating the correct zip code information might help.

Alternatively, here's how you can access "over-the-air" broadcast television:

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the "Ant/Cable In" connector on the back of your Roku TV.
  2. Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home, and select Live TV. If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.
  3. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.

If the issue persists after performing all the provided troubleshooting steps above, please keep us posted so we can continue assisting.

Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thomas900
Reel Rookie

Yea some I like watching a&e in the morning 

0 Kudos

If this issue has been resolved then what would be the proper steps to get all of the cable/antenna channels to show back up. I work for a telecommunication company and we are seeing lots of our member still experiencing this issue. I have to have our members go into settings and reset the network settings to get all the channels to show up. However, if we have them reconnect their Roku to the internet then the same issue comes back. I've had multiple members check for software updates but there are no software updates available. We've had several members try doing a channel scan and that does not fix the issue either. Please provide us with the proper protocol of getting this issue resolved.

0 Kudos
gvillegeo73
Channel Surfer

I am experiencing the same problem. 95% of my over the air channels have returned. The ones that haven't show in the guide once I disconnnect internet/wifi. For some reason, the guide when connected to internet filters them out; in my area's case it's because these are low power stations that provide no guide data. Off internet, they show in the guide. This is another bug in Rokus newest software update. It's always something.

0 Kudos
leacha
Channel Surfer

Wife awoke to watch her morning show on Live TV. Chanel gone. Others there, the one she wants, gone. Rescan. No channel. Reset to factory, rescan, no channel. Remove internet. Factory reset, rescan. Channel appears. Connect internet. Channel disappears. Remove internet, channel appears. Connect internet while the channel is playing, channel switches to the next one and the wanted one is gone. Remove internet, channel reappears.

If this happened with any other cannel we wouldn't notice. It has to be the one she watches. POS!

0 Kudos
Thomas900
Reel Rookie

Did they say when we're going to get ours cable channel back

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings community users,

We believe that the OTA channel issue is now resolved. Kindly try to restart your TVs to see if you're still seeing the same issue.

If the problem persists, please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.