Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC55
Binge Watcher

Re: Over The Air Channels (network tv) Disappeared

Thank you for addressing this issue. All channels, both streaming and antenna, are now back, displayed on my live TV channel list.

There is still an issue. The description is missing from the antenna channels. The only way to see the description is to actually choose to change to a particular channel, then click the middle "OK" button once on that channel

FYI: I left a quite scathing review earlier today. I now wish I could delete it.

Your prompt response is appreciated. 

Jim C

leacha
Channel Surfer

Working again on my setup!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Sadie1
Reel Rookie

Yes my ota channels are back!

thanks!

0 Kudos
ronskal45

My channels have disappeared too and I have tried the "restart" option and it doesn't work. Is there a software update since the last message that might fix this? My TV is the TCL 50S425 50 Inch 4K Smart LED Roku TV (2019). I only see streaming channels, not local channels.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ronskal45,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

You can refer to the troubleshooting steps provided above by @RokuJanadeeK and check if this will resolve the disappearance of your local channels. Furthermore, you can visit our support page here: How do you set up the live TV input on your Roku TV?
Let us know what you find out, and we'd be happy to assist you further.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Over The Air Channels (network tv)

My problem isn't that they have disappeared but since your last update, you have made them difficult to find. It takes me about 5 to 10 minutes of playing with the remote and live tv to get to them.

Can you not create an option that we can select that will automatically go to the OTA Channels?

Setting them as favorites does nothing unless you can get below Ch 105, which is currently your lowest streaming channel.

0 Kudos
rborder

These steps did not work for me.   

I did fix my problem though.

I live in a zip code near Ogden Utah.  Most of my local channels originate in Salt Lake City- about 30 mi away.  I have a big antenna in the attic, and get fairly good reception.    What fixed my problem was changing my zip code to one in the middle of Salt Lake City.   

My Roku TV seems to be policing which local channels I am allowed to view.  It didn't think that my zip code should see the channels I am receiving.  The TV has no business doing this for OTA content.  If I put up a 100ft antenna and can receive, OTA, channels from Las Vegas, then the TV should display them. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting her in the Roku Community, @rborder!

We appreciate you for letting us know that your issue has been resolved by changing the zip code.

Here are some of our Support articles to help you with connecting or activating your Roku TV using an antenna or streaming OTA channels:

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lmpswan

I found a solution to the problem!  I didn't have a remote with voice search so I installed the Roku app on my tablet and used the microphone icon, asking to go to my local station by number n live TV. To my surprise then all my local stations reappeared with the numbers corresponding to the station on the left like they used to be !! I really hope this works for all of you, because it's been so frustrating for me for the last month and I was told to do a factory reset on my TV which I was very hesitant to do. Try this first!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.