Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LishaKay3
Reel Rookie

No picture but I hear audio

Spoiler
I have picture all the way up until I choose a movie or show , then it’s a blank screen, but I can hear the audio. How can I resolve?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No picture but I hear audio

You haven't provided enough detail. What is your Roku device, a player or TV? Is this happening on every app/channel you try? If this is not a Roku TV, what model TV do you have?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
LishaKay3
Reel Rookie

It is a Roku player, with a RCA TV. It does it on every app. I can see picture until I play a title and then it’s a black screen but I can still hear audio. 

atc98092

I'm sorry, but still not enough detail. What specific Roku do you have? The model number please, which can be found under Settings/System/About.

Dan

0 Kudos
LishaKay3
Reel Rookie

3960RW- Roku Express 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@LishaKay3 Have you tried to restart your device.  Turning off the TV will not restart the device.  Unplug the device from the power source for at least 30 sec.  

LishaKay3
Reel Rookie

Yes I have tried to restart it that way and also in the settings. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Thank you. The 3960 is the latest version of the Express, and is using the Realtek chipset. So in theory it should work pretty well. Do you have any way to try the Roku on a different TV? Simply trying to eliminate all variables. Since it is happening on every app/channel you try, that really does seem to point to a problem with the Roku, but we just need to be certain.

Dan

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@LishaKay3 If @atc98092 suggestion does not work, I would try a factory reset of the device.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@LishaKay3-

I'd suggest trying to change your Roku's Display type setting to match your TV's actual resolution, instead of "Auto detect" and see if that cures the problem.

From the Roku home screen go to Settings > Display type.

When you change the Display type to a new setting it runs you through several screens:

• A screen that lists the display options supported by that Roku device and allows you to choose one. It will warn you if your TV has not indicated it supports your choice but will still allow you to try it.

• A screen with a picture, with two options below it: "No, there's a problem" and "Yes I see it". The "No" option is highlighted by default. To keep the screen setting you're currently trying, you have about 15 seconds before the page times out to arrow over to the "Yes" option and click on it.

If your screen just goes black and stays that way, or if your TV displays a "No Signal" or similar warning, in about 15 seconds it should return to the previous menu screen. If it doesn't, press the Back Arrow button on your remote to return to the menu you could see.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.