Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdrinehart2504
Reel Rookie

Roku for playing favorite shows in Spanish

this morning i turned on one of my favorite channels (military heroes) to watch "ancient top 10" and i was appalled to hear the program was in spanish, not ENGLISH! i can speak spanish but when i am watching one of my favorite shows i EXPECT it to be in english and not spanish. this is america and we speak english here, not spanish. if i go to germany, i expect their t.v. programs to be in german. if i go to mexico, i expect to watch shows in spanish. in america, i expect my shows to be in english! if i have to continue watching my favorite shows in spanish then i will get rid of my roku t.v., cancel my account and get another television. i am really irritated at roku for doing that. please play your content in english!

4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku for playing favorite shows in Spanish

Hi @jdrinehart2504,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand your sentiment, and thanks for flagging us about this. If I understand it correctly, this is the TRC Live TV channel 479. We are not able to reproduce the issue as the episode is no longer available. We'll make sure to forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further review.

Feel free to report back here if there's any support you need.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

You're right, this is America and everything should be in English, programs and commercials. You should never be getting any programs in any foreign languages unless you are specifically watching a channel designed for broadcasting programs in those languages. This way those of us who want English only can simply avoid those channels.

jdrinehart2504
Reel Rookie

thank you for agreeing with me emissary35. to be honest i was expecting that anyone who replied to my message would say i was being unfair and not tolerant of others but the fact is is that this is AMERICA and we do speak english here. sure, i sometimes watch spanish speaking channels but i read the captions for a little while then turn the tv back to one of my favorite channels such as the "military heroes" channel or "modern marvels." and when i watch those i expect them to be in english, INCLUDING the commercials which is becoming more and more frequently in spanish. it is so irritating that i am being forced to listen to either programs or commercials in spanish. thanks again for your comment.

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

"I was expecting that anyone who replied to my message would say I was being unfair and not tolerant of others but the fact is is that this is AMERICA and we do speak English here."

I know what you mean. God forbid anyone in the US actually stands up and demands that we put America and Americans first nowadays, just like any other nation on Earth does. The push now is all about catering to foreigners and illegals flooding the country at US taxpayer expense.

I think the Spanish language push on these channels is just another step in that agenda. And the funny thing is the 'tolerant' group of people who would accuse anyone of being intolerant for demanding English, well they are actually the ones who are the most intolerant people themselves out there who will demonize everyone that doesn't agree with them.

We need to keep demanding English and it should be officially our national language in the USA.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.