Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peggy_and_Roger
Reel Rookie

Re: Newsmax Plus login not sticky? Possible Fix

Jump to solution

We have been long out of the Newsmax app for several days now. I have not bothered to long back in. We like a lot of the programming, but however, we can still get the same news information elsewhere. 😒

0 Kudos
CavemanBob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No joy here.  Password sticks for a couple of days or so then we're back to having to login.  Having to enter the password to get access is a royal PITA, we chose a nice, secure, long password with letters, numbers and special characters.  If they can't get this resolved I guess we'll be dropping the subscription to Newsmax, it's that much of a PITA.

Rovert431
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update: I stuck it out with the app due to the high quality programming and accurate and truthful unbiased content.  It's working great now, have not had any bugs for a few months.

Old: I too am considering dropping Newsmax because of the login burdens.  I find myself using rumble to get my news lately because it's a pain logging in everytime I click the tile.  Also there's a bug that you can only login successfully on the live feed, trying to navigate to prerecorded shows will prompt login and restart app.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Rovert431

We saw your post.

Seeing that you're having issues with Newsmax login, we recommend reaching out to them directly and letting them know about the occurrence of this issue. Most channels on Roku are managed by the channel provider, and any errors, bugs, and glitches can be addressed by a workaround and an update of the channel on their end.

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Why do I have to log in everytime-everyday when I tune in?  I'm using a firestick.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @2295,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to Newsmax Plus support to report the issue and for further help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

Please note that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication, and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You may reach them here: Newsmax Plus Support.

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
eae110
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good luck with that.  I’ve contacted them numerous times - no response and no apparent resolution.

Jump to solution

Yea; I just tried to leave a message for them and it refused to accept it....... Bummer.

0 Kudos
lsbarretta
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is frustrating to have to continue to sign in every day!! And the 7:00 hour for Rob Schmidt if turned on at 7:00 automatically has you wait for the screens and then have to sign in!! If I can turn on before 7:00 I’m probably ok. What’s up with that? 
why is this such a difficult app? All my other apps don’t require a daily sign in. And also - I am watching and it shuts it down for me to sign in. 
please fix it. Thank u

0 Kudos
lsbarretta
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah no one answers the phone when I try to call NewsMax Plus.  You would think because they are now charging to watch and what they do in reporting the news there would be help from somewhere for this non-sticky issue!! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.