Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLadouceur

NHL channel not configured

NHL channel says it’s not configured and to check my network. I’ve deleted and added it again, shut the Roku off and reset the network.

60 REPLIES 60
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NHL channel not configured

Hi @CLadouceur,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the NHL channel. We're happy to help you. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Please let us know if the problem still persists.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mckymous
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem.  Have gone all the way to factory reset with no change.  Support sent me to the NHL Channel, supposedly,  But the number was for NHL Fanatics, which sells NHL Team products like clothes.  Still no NHL Channel and the season is only days away,  

Albuzz

Did as you suggested and still will not configure 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mckymous @Albuzz,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it? In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

If you can still not play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine. Contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Contact NFL customer support at 1 (855) 438-0681.

If the problem persists, keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mckymous
Channel Surfer

I've tried all that and more.  BTW - the phone # is for buying team clothing from the NHL.  It's of no value.  Neither is the other # I got that is for Canadian NHL.TV.  It seems like Roku has no info on how to contact whoever it is that supports the NHL APP.

I have an outstanding request to Roku engineering since last week but have not heard back.  

Given that the NHL regular season starts in a few hours, this inability to get the NHL channel may be the thing that forces me to find another alternative.

#NHL app

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mckymous,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

Since this issue has been escalated to the appropriate Roku team, they're looking into this problem that you have, and once the information is available, we will make sure that we update this community thread.

Your patience and understanding will be much appreciated in the meantime.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lalalala23
Reel Rookie

You provided NFL customer service number not NHL 

0 Kudos
Lalalala23
Reel Rookie

Apparently no matter how many times I’ve selected the give feedback and then failed to launch no one at Roku wants to fix the problems. Over and over the same suggested solution is given by Roku no matter how many times I and others have posted doesn’t work.  NHL updated their app and it’s **bleep** - no way to see the pre and post game media interviews. Since I always watched on Roku NHL app guess won’t be able to now. 

good post John 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Lebrio
Binge Watcher

I'm getting the same error as well. Tried on 2 different Roku devices (a TCL smart TV & a stand alone Roku device) on different physical networks in different locations. The app has a problem.

@RokuJechealR , Do you have any idea how we can get in touch with NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises who is listed as the developer on this app? I'd like to log a ticket with them, but I can't seem to get in touch with them.