Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HBowen
Channel Surfer

Re: NFL app not loading on Roku box

Mine finally fixed itself. I basically just checked it every day and one day it worked! I’d emailed NFL (their only method of customer support - eye roll) a few times with no response, and finally emailed to cancel and suddenly it was fixed, though still no response. 

Unfortunately it seems the solution is only… luck. Which, with the amount of money these companies are making, you’d think making an accessible app would be a worthwhile investment of that money. Anyway, we’ll see if we actually make it to the Super Bowl…

swwood01
Reel Rookie

@HBowen. Can you give me / us the email adress to you used to report your problem?  I vould find no contact email adress.  I look forward to your Reply and to also having my email ignored by the League.

0 Kudos
HBowen
Channel Surfer

Yes, just support@nfl.com

You’ll find a number if you google, but it’s just for the NFL HQ in New York - totally useless. You can also report via their “chat bot” (which is completely useless). 

0 Kudos
StreamOn

Has anyone found a way to correct this issue?  I have NFL app version 5.0 build 47 and I now get the accept terms of service screen with a blue ACCEPT button but when I click OK I get a “something went wrong” pop up.  Tried deleting, resetting my Roku box and re-installing the app. What else can be tried ?  Factory reset?

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @StreamOn,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the NFL app. If the issue persists on one channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, please contact NFL channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel might need to be addressed with an update from them. You can reach them by checking this channel's contact list.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jpw12
Reel Rookie

I just paid roku 99.00 and it doesn't work and any suggestion to contact the NFL app is ridiculous.  I paid Roku and not the NFL there might be hundreds or thousands of people in our situation. I wish someone would take some kind of legal action.

Jack

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Jpw12!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, may we know what specific troubleshooting methods have you tried so far? Have you tried to remove the app > perform a system reboot > or reinstall the app to see if this helps? We also need to make sure that this troubleshooting method has been done precisely to work. 

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ElBarto
Channel Surfer

Just letting Roku know this issue is happening for me as well on 12.5.5 build 4173 for the 65S425 app 5.0 build 52.

Respectfully, asking the community to contact the NFL is like asking us to contact Santa Claus; we could use some support from you even though it is not your app. Thanks!

Note, I tried uninstalling, restarting, and installing (as well every other random suggestion showing up on this topic).

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ElBarto,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!
We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing with the NFL channel. May we know if you are getting any error messages or codes?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ElBarto
Channel Surfer

No. The app attempts to start up for about 5 seconds. It loads the frame for the home page, rendering the left side icons and their version of the “working icon” in the middle against a black background, then exits back to the Roku home screen.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.