Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notaf4n
Channel Surfer

Re: NFL Network App Crashes - Won't Start

So now you're willing to help? Why did you redirect me to NFL for my App playback issue? I'm growing weary of your support process of pointing in the other direction. 

It would be useful for users to know what you're going to support and what you won't. I posted the issue at the beginning of this thread and was redirected to NFL. So I hope you see that you're not being consistent or following a process that is defined. 

If you're going to provide the much needed support, then thank you for that. But again, it would be nice to know you're going to provide this level of support in the future. 

0 Kudos
Notaf4n
Channel Surfer

Deleted by me

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Notaf4n,

Thanks for the speedy reply!

We really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with the partner team and sharing the information you just did. The only way we can work on this jointly is to take a move in this direction. Furthermore, kindly note that posts may occasionally be filtered by our system based on its security policies, which will cause them to be redirected to spam. Your remark has been validated and re-posted to the board.

We appreciate the work you did!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lunatyk05
Reel Rookie

Model: 3941X2

Serial: X0220072LSUR

ID: S0HAK38LSUR

12.5.0 build 4178-E4

UR-021-168

I logged into the app with a username and id I set up so attend some Super Bowl events in 2019. Since then, any time I click on the app it starts to load and then just crashes and returns to the Home Screen after 6 seconds or so. 

0 Kudos
Notaf4n
Channel Surfer

It's very clear from my work that NFL has no intention of supporting their apps on Roku and Android TV. I have no idea how to even debug what's going on as there are no settings that I'm aware of to put my Roku into a debug mode that would provide logs of what's going on and why the NFL app is crashing. Mind you, it's not a system crash in that the Roku isn't crashing and rebooting, it's the NFL network app that's crashing and closing out suddenly. 

Here are the details of my Roku Ultra that's my primary device:

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial # - X01000YAT33M

Device ID S02A221AT33M

Software version 12.5.0 build 4178-C2

I'll work to get you a tracker ID shortly. In the meantime, is there a way to put this device into debug mode and retrieve logs from it?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Lunatyk05 @Notaf4n,

Thank you for getting back to us, and we're sorry for the late response.

This will do, and we'll take it from here. I have passed this along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once information is available, we'll make sure to forward it here.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JeremyR
Reel Rookie

Re: NFL app not loading on Roku box

This reboot simply does not work.  Tried it a dozen times over the past few weeks.  App it still not loading.  But i can log into the same NFL app on my phone, so it’s a Roku platform issue.  Please address! #nfl. 

JeremyR
Reel Rookie

Re: NFL app not loading on Roku box

It’s disappointing to see so many users having the same problem with a paid app.  This is a Roku issue not a user issue to resolve.  Please use your business leverage to get the NFL to fix this. The Super Bowl is only 9 days away!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.