Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DRL1

NBC streaming issue with Cloudpatherrorauthorization issue

Jump to solution

I have read the various issues and responses on the following error message from trying to stream or even watch newer content using the Roku NBC app: Cloudpatherrorauthorization. I am using my Mediacom cable credentials from my house in MO at the house we are staying at in AZ.  I am able to stream other channels that I have on my cable in MO and was also to stream NBC until around  Jan. 10, 2024.  Ever since I receive the above error code when I try to view live content or episodes aired after that date. 

I have tried deleting the NBC app, restarting the Roku, then re-adding the app and linking it back using my Mediacom cable credentials. I have also tried clearing the cache on my iPhone to perform the linkage.  I have rebooted my modem-router.  None of these things have worked. I even deleted the Peacock app and other NBC umbrella apps before restarting and re-adding the NBC app to no avail.  I continue to get the above error message.

I even called Mediacom to see if NBC suddenly was limiting streaming of their material; Mediacom is unaware of that if it is happening I also contacted NBC who just replied with set responses, some of the same things that are listed here that I tried  

Extremely frustrating.  Thanks for any help you can give me on this issue. 

Dave L

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NBC streaming issue with Cloudpatherrorauthorization issue

Jump to solution

We are happy to have you here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with NBC. We would highly recommend the following steps below:

• Remove the channel >> Restart the device >> Add channel.
  • Update the channel by highlighting the app and pressing the star button on your remote.
  • Restart the router.
Additionally, we would highly suggest that you reach out to the channel provider as this error message may be specific on their end. You can contact them here.

We hope this helps. You can keep us informed on what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DRL1,

Thanks for the first post here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing, and we appreciate you taking a fantastic troubleshooting step. Please be advised that channel logins and authentications are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest continuing to contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are having with accessing the channel.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RokuJechealR-

Never having had this problem I can only relay what I've read.

Cloudpath authorization errors deal with channels that require authentication to a TV provider account and use the Cloudpath service to manage this authentication.  The NBC/Universal family of channels are known to user Cloudpath, I don't know if others do.    

One thing that some have reported fixes this is going into the channel on your Roku, logging/signing out, then logging/signing back in again and authenticating with your TV provider credentials.  If this fixes the problem for that channel it typically fixes it for all channels in that family that use Cloudpath authentication. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Dsand57

Jump to solution

It is strange but I can’t access NBC on my bedroom television but I can on my living room television.   If it  is a channel provider issue, why would it work on one television and not the other?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We are happy to have you here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with NBC. We would highly recommend the following steps below:

• Remove the channel >> Restart the device >> Add channel.
  • Update the channel by highlighting the app and pressing the star button on your remote.
  • Restart the router.
Additionally, we would highly suggest that you reach out to the channel provider as this error message may be specific on their end. You can contact them here.

We hope this helps. You can keep us informed on what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.