Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julybaby
Channel Surfer

Re: NBC live Error Code: Generic framework error

Yes. We are both getting the same code “Generic framework error”

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Julybaby,

Thank you for the additional information!

We would be delighted to investigate this issue further. Could you send us a photo of the error message that you're getting?
We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Julybaby
Channel Surfer

IMG_9201.png

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Julybaby,

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kap11

Same error here in northern Michigan. Tried everything listed 

1000010308.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kap11,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you providing us with the device information that we need to further investigate the issue. Please note that we have passed this along to the Roku-appropriate team.

Also, for more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

You may reach them here: NBC Support.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Julybaby
Channel Surfer

Re: NBC live Error Code: Generic framework erro

NBC live is back on my roku in Northern Michigan fyi - try yours!

0 Kudos
Julybaby
Channel Surfer

Try it again - NBC live is back on for me!

0 Kudos
User9999
Reel Rookie

Yes working now for me too!  This must have been an issue with either Roku or the NBC app as I didn't do anything on my end to fix it.  Glad someone listened to us and got it fixed as I'm sure we were not the only ones having the problem.  Now if they could only fix the CBS app so you didn't have to sign out and re-sign in and link your provider every time you restart the app in order to watch CBS live everything would be perfect.  With that said I really like Roku.  It's much better than cable in my opinion.    

0 Kudos

Re: NBC live Error Code: Generic framework erro

I've tried everything and still get Generic framework error!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.