Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rukosteve1
Reel Rookie

Multiple Rokus accessing the same google photos album simultaneously to display a slideshow?

I want to display the same google photos album simultaneously on 6 tvs with 6 different rokus. is this possible with the streaming sticks or express HD, and if so, with what app/channel?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Multiple Rokus accessing the same google photos album simultaneously to display a slideshow?

Greetings @rukosteve1 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiry.

Please be aware that there is no functionality to control 6 different Roku devices at the same time with the same content. However, it's possible that if you had 6 USB thumb drives connected to each of the 6 Roku devices, that you would be able to display the same content assuming the order of the content were the same.

However, perhaps one of our Community Experts @atc98092 or @makaiguy could provide another possible solution that cmay work for you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Multiple Rokus accessing the same google photos album simultaneously to display a slideshow?

@rukosteve1 One way to play the same content on all Roku devices is to use a DLNA server, then use Roku Media Player to run a slideshow. I just tested it on mine, and it works fine. Just be aware that the displays won't be in sync, meaning you won't see the same picture at the same time. They will be changing images based on when you pressed the Play button when you had the folder selected, and since it won't be possible to make all six start at precisely the same time, they will not be in sync.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
rukosteve1
Reel Rookie

Thanks, but i was hoping to use a cloud-storage solution.. i did consider using plex, but i dont want to have a local computer running that, just for this.

0 Kudos
rukosteve1
Reel Rookie

yes. im sneakernetting it to tvs right now, and thats getting tiresome with frequent changes.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@rukosteve1 wrote:

Thanks, but i was hoping to use a cloud-storage solution.. i did consider using plex, but i don't want to have a local computer running that, just for this.

It doesn't have to be a full blown PC running a DLNA server. Even simple NAS devices have DLNA support, and even some routers have a USB port that you can connect a USB drive and feed media from there. Feeding pictures requires very little resources, so it doesn't require a regular PC like video streaming might.

Dan

0 Kudos
rukosteve1
Reel Rookie

understood.  however my work policies would probably frown on a NAS Device with DLNA attached to a router...  (sorry if i forgot to mention that i'm doing at a workplace)

0 Kudos
atc98092

Yeah, business IT restrictions can really cause roadblocks for something that should be simple. I work for the federal government, and it's near impossible to do something on the network without passing dozens of checks and approval processes. 

Dan

0 Kudos