Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dshow
Reel Rookie

YoutubeTV voice commands?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a Sony TV connected to a Roku Express.  (The Roku Express is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable so it can control the TV.)  From what I understand, this pretty much acts the same as a Roku TV.  I stream YouTubeTV.  What voice commands are available to me?

Specifically, I want to be able to:

1) Launch YouTubeTV.

2)  Once I'm watching YouTubeTV, I want to go directly to a network...  eg:  'Switch to NBC' or 'Switch to CBS'.

3)  Set a sleep timer so the Roku and TV go off in XXX minutes.

What are the voice commands that do this?

(P.S.  The voice mechanism is Amazon Alexa.  I make sure I add 'Roku TV' and it knows to control the TV.  I can say 'Alexa, turn off the Roku TV' and it knows to turn off the TV via Roku...)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YoutubeTV voice commands?

Jump to solution

Hi @Dshow,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring to learn about the Sleep timer and Voice command feature on your Roku Express.

Please be advised that Roku Express does not support a Sleep timer, this feature is only supported if you have a Roku TV.

Here's a link to our support page to find out more about the feature: How to use a sleep timer to turn off your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

To learn more including which players support and how to use the Voice command feature, check out these articles that explains What you need to use voice commands with your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support and What voice commands can I use with my Roku streaming device? | Official Roku Support

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YoutubeTV voice commands?

Jump to solution

Hi @Dshow,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring to learn about the Sleep timer and Voice command feature on your Roku Express.

Please be advised that Roku Express does not support a Sleep timer, this feature is only supported if you have a Roku TV.

Here's a link to our support page to find out more about the feature: How to use a sleep timer to turn off your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

To learn more including which players support and how to use the Voice command feature, check out these articles that explains What you need to use voice commands with your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support and What voice commands can I use with my Roku streaming device? | Official Roku Support

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos