Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Movieland channel removed and I'm very upset

Jump to solution

Please read through the thread. The most likely reason is DMCA takedown due to copyright violations from making movies available that they do not have the rights to.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As I stated before: They are probably LYING to Roku that they fixed a copyright violation, and Roku puts it back. Then another DMCA complaint is lodged, and it gets yanked again. Basically, Movieland sounds like a scammy company.

How many times does it need to be said: If it sounds too good to be true...

Muffin55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Was there ever a response about why this is happening?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Muffin55,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Roku strives to create an amazing entertainment experience by offering access to thousands of streaming apps. In some cases, providers may choose to remove their app from our platform. An app may also be removed by us if it violates our terms and conditions. We take reports of piracy or any other unlawful activity very seriously. For more information, you can review our Developer Terms and Agreements.

Please be advised that Roku is a platform that holds several channels. Channels are maintained and developed by the channel providers themselves. You can reach out to Movieland and inquire further about the status and availability of their channel on Roku.

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, please let us know.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
johnnycash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

There's no way to contact them. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@johnnycash wrote:

There's no way to contact them. 

That's not the sign of a reputable company. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

With the channel removed from Roku, it's hard to say who the developer was, unless someone remembers or has a screenshot of the Roku Channel Store screen. The only info I found looked like a name, Wajid Bux, but it is not enough to go on. Just lots of people in India and Pakistan.

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Is it gone again?  I re-installed it a week or so back as I seen it was back doing movie searches. 

I thought I seen it still in my selections this past Saturday 8/5/23.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Nope, gone from the channel store again. That indicates they aren't doing things legally, and Roku can't accept the liability of having it available on their devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@atc98092 I watched a movie on it last week, noted it was commercial free, so I figured as much. 

Edit: still in my list yet says it's unavailable... usually it just disappears. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.