Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Family8a

Movie not viewing correctly

New Ninja Turtles Mutant Mayhem isn’t viewing properly on paramount plus and on my Roku TV. My other tv (LG) streams it perfect

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Movie not viewing correctly

Hi @Family8a,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this content issue you're seeing, and we'd like to take a step here. When you say something isn't viewing correctly, do you see any glitches, or it's incorrect content?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far? Does this issue only occur with this specific content?

Tell us more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zeiram

This same thing is happening to me on my TCL Roku TV. Paramount Plus app Displays TMNT Mutant Mayhem with a distorted aspect ratio or possible cuts off 3/4 of the video. This only happens in this one title, on Paramount Plus on Roku TV. Works fine on Google TV in other room 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Zeiram,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku TV. We're happy to assist, but we will need more details. Can you please provide the information that @RokuERey provided above? In the meantime, you can also try these steps by unplugging the Roku TV for 3 to 5 minutes and replugging it again, then trying to see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing.

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RLS54
Channel Surfer

Hi - I'm having the same issue with the new TMNT movie on Paramount+ on my Roku TV. The picture is truncated at the top and bottom of the frame with only about 1/3 of the film displaying in the center (vertically) of the screen.

I've tried updating the Paramount+ channel and the entire Roku TV (no updates available for either) did a system restart, and also based on this thread, tried unplugging the TV for over 5 minutes. Nothing has fixed the problem.

To add to the confusion, if I use the Paramount+ app on my iPhone, the movie refuses to play with the following message: "Fatal Error - Sorry, but due to licensing restrictions, this video isn't available in your location (5411)." I live in Indiana.

Finally, I also tried watching the movie directly from the Paramount Plus web site thru the MS Edge browser on my Windows 11 PC. The movie displayed correctly here, both inside the browser window and in fullscreen mode.

What a mess...? Any idea what is going on? Thanks!

RLS54
Channel Surfer

I forgot to mention in the previous reply that the TMNT movie is the only content that is displaying incorrectly. Everything else I've tried on all the previously mentioned platforms (TV, phone, PC) works just fine.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RLS54,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem with the Paramount+ channel. No worries! Help is here. Suppose the issue persists on the Paramount+ channel only after attempting the troubleshooting steps, and videos from other channels play fine. In that case, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RLS54
Channel Surfer

Just wanted to follow up - I had a text chat with Paramount+ support and they "reset" my account(?), after which I was told to unplug the TV for 30 seconds and try it again. This fixed the problem for me. Just as a reminder, I had already tried unplugging the TV before this with no luck, so contacting P+ support directly might be the answer for others having this issue. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Dilly3

I'm also having the same issue. It only happens with this specific movie TMNT MM. Everything else has a normal aspect ratio. Mutant mayhem plays only about a quarter of the screen in the middle.

0 Kudos
Numbbaby

Yep, same exact issue - TCL 55" Roku TV with Paramount+ with "TMNT: Mutant Mayhem"-huge crop/letterbox, tried signing in/out/unplug/settings/nothing worked. ONE TIME it actually started correctly - I THINK bc by chance Dolby Vision didn't kick in? Movie paused and reloaded and was OK, but I think DV still wasn't on.  (Can't turn DV off on either TV or app so I can't confirm.)  Went back to menu, back to this movie, same problem no matter what else.  This movie ONLY, everything else (including other DV content on Paramount app) fine.

TNMT-playback bad.jpg

0 Kudos