Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juliehic
Reel Rookie

Max subtitles not syncing or don't work

Jump to solution

this did not work

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max subtitles not syncing or don't work

Jump to solution

Hi @Pjssaj3,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're getting the same issue with the MAX channel and we'd be glad of assistance on this.

If you haven't tried some troubleshooting we would recommend to apply it first and see if that helps.

Here's how...

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

For additional troubleshooting, you can check our support page here: How do I resolve channel playback issues? - Roku Support

If this has been exhausted, let us know if this is a specific content issue along with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Let us know how things going.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Juliehic
Reel Rookie

Max Subtitles/Closed Captions not working

Jump to solution

This did not work for me.....ugh...

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max Subtitles/Closed Captions not working

Jump to solution

Hi @Juliehic,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Max channel. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Are you experiencing this issue on one channel only?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Juliehic,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you with your problem with the subtitles that are not synching. We'd like to know more about it. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Is the issue happening on all contents and channels, or is this isolated to HBO Max content and channels only? Please elaborate so we can further assist.

We'll wait for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
denroh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue on my 4K Streaming Stick and HBO Max.  Subtitles are about 30 seconds ahead of the actual dialog. I have tried resetting the Roku and my router but that did not resolve the issue.  

It seems to be only happening on HBO Max and only on the 4K Stick.  

I currently have 4 Rokus (Roku Premiere+, Roku Premier, and two 4K Streaming Sticks).
This issue is only occurring on one of the 4K Sticks, not on any of the other 3.

That seems to rule out that it is a HBO Max issue.

Any suggestions you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Den

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @denroh,

A heartfelt welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about the Max subtitle issue. We're pleased to assist.

• Full Title: Specific movie or TV show (season and episode) example that the issue occurs on.
  • Did removing the channel, restarting the player, and then adding the channel back again resolve the issue?
  • If possible, video and/or pictures of the issue

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
denroh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the welcome and the quick response.

Yes, I did try removing, rebooting and re-adding the app. No luck.

The issue is not title specific... it is occurring on both movies and TV shows. Anything I watch on the app has the issue.

Again, this issue is only occurring on one of my 4 Roku devices.  

Any other ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Den

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re:Max subtitles not syncing or don't work

Jump to solution

@denroh,

Thanks for the post,

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID) 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
denroh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello Arjimar, 

Here are the numbers you requested. By the way, I've tried moving the Roku stick in question to 2 other TVs and the problem follows the stick.

Device type: Streaming Stick 4K

Serial number: X02500FKAYL4

Added: Mar 14, 2023

Model: 3820R

Software version: 12.5.5 • Build 4174-E6

GC version: 10.6.34

Tracker ID: L4-038-947

The Issue ONLY occurs on the Max channel (version 55.3 • build 1)

Hope it all helps.

Thanks again

denroh

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@denroh,

Thank you for providing that information.

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.