Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgorney1
Reel Rookie

Paramount Plus channel is not opening

Jump to solution

My installed Paramount+ app was not opening. I followed these instructions to the letter and I am now on step 2. I get the message "Restarting" but the circle just spins and spins and goes nowhere. Roku needs to fix this. My connections are great, btw.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount Plus channel is not opening

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We want to thank you for letting us know about the issue.

We're happy to report that we have fixed the problem that was impacting Paramount Plus. Feel free to try accessing the channel again. If you experience any further issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or experience any additional issues, please do not hesitate to post them here!

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mgorney1,

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community posted!

We want to dig into this and help out with the setup. The trouble with accessing the channel could be down to the channel itself or a cache issue on your device. Try the steps below and give us a heads up if that does the trick.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

You may want to check additional troubleshooting as well here on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

We hope the above steps help.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mgorney1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Your steps did not help. I followed your instructions to remove, restart, and re-install, got Roku messages confirming my activity.

After re-install, Paramount+ does not open. The Paramount+ screen shows, then I get a blank screen, then I am taken back to the Home screen. 

Roku knows about this issue. Romu needs to fix.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@mgorney1,

Thanks for your prompt response!

I appreciate the troubleshooting effort you've taken. If you have a mobile hotspot or any alternative network, try connecting your Roku TV and then try accessing the channel once more to see if that makes a difference.

If the problem persists, please report back here and share with us the details below.

• Roku TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Channel version

We would also recommend sharing this issue with Paramount Plus support. Please be aware that Roku only holds the channel available on the platform. The channel provider managed it directly.

Once we have the information available, we'll be able to forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Devingh66

Jump to solution

Hi Rey.

Exact same issue here.

Roku Ultra box

Uninstalled P+

Restarted Roku

Reinstalled P+

Nothing.

Pretty you're going to flooded with the same issues.

jfrawley

Jump to solution

This is happening for mine as well. I get the splash screen with SpongeBob and then a black screen showing a loading swirl, but no load.

Tspinks

Jump to solution

Same, I just cancelled my subscription 

0 Kudos
CoryH
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's not roku. It's the paramount servers. They are down right now and having issues restoring them. I can't even watch anything on my phone either.

Kayler00

Jump to solution

Same. Seems they’re having an issue not us. 

Jump to solution

Same issue with mine. After several minutes I was able to access the Home Screen but when I tried to play a program it told me that this show is not available outside of my country. I am in the USA and the show was The Amazing Race, which I was successfully watching on this same tv earlier today. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.