Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael-Alan
Binge Watcher

Max channel getting an error message, "We were unable to switch profiles. Please try again. Some

Jump to solution

The issue is:

After opening the Max Channel on Roku the error occurs, it never gets to the screen where user profiles are and returns an error message, "We were unable to switch profiles. Please try again. Something went wrong. Let's try again!" There is also a GO BACK button but clicking on it does nothing and hitting the remote's back button does nothing. I must press the Roku's HOME button on the remote to exit the Max channel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Blahblahblah09
Reel Rookie

Re: Max channel getting an error message, "We were unable to switch profiles. Please try again.

Jump to solution

Ok i saw this in an earlier post i believe… Hit the back button until it prompts for your pin Once into the app create a second profile and you will not see that error again. at least worked for me. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
froyomia
Reel Rookie

Re: Max not working on Roku AGAIN!

Jump to solution

the exact same thing happened to me, well is happening to me, i didn’t even think that it was rokus fault 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max channel getting an error message, "We were unable to switch profiles. Please try again.

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We are sorry to hear that the Max channel isn't working for you. We would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID) 
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
froyomia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The device model is Hisense 43R6+,  the serial number is X00100W5FXKX, the device ID is S06NG1D5FXKX, and the software version is 12.5.5 build 4174-94. 

The tracker ID is KX-044-682

And I’ve tried downloading and redownloading Max, updating it, but nothing is working.

Jump to solution

Same issue exactly here.  Please post a response soon.  

1fine848
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model 3941X

Serial XO1600 CRP KGS

Software Version 12.5.5 build 4174-CR

Device ID S07P222RPKGS

Tracker GS-044-994

0 Kudos
Tazodin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here.

TCL Roku TV

Model: C156X-Roku TV

Serial number: X0000VJ8RGE(S086714J8RGE)

Software Version: 12.5.5 • build 4174-93

GC version: 10.6.34

Timestamp: 2024-2-01T13:50:24Z

Issue ID GE-045-470

0 Kudos
Tazodin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When it gave me the message to hit back, I just kept hitting back and eventually I was prompted to put my pin in. I did that and everything came back fine.

0 Kudos
Michael-Alan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra 4K

Model: 4800X

Serial: S02C21540PXF

In my opinion, this is an issue with the Max channel and Roku because the Max channel on my Smart Vizio TV (a non-Roku device) is working.

However, on the two Roku Ultra 4K devices that I possess the Max channel is not working.

I do not believe that the issue is on my end with the Roku devices.  I believe it has something to do on the end of  Roku's administration and offices.

As of today, Feb 1, 2024 the issue still exists and two days have now passed that I have been without access to the Max channel on my Roku devices.

When can I expect to see this issue fixed?

Tazodin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Try keep hitting the back button and eventually the PIN prompt will come up and the  once you enter your PIN everything will come back. Although I had to do it again today so there’s still a problem.

But that’s what works for me just to get in there, but it still needs to be fixed.