Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max channel getting an error message, "We were unable to switch profiles. Please try again.

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for all the follow-up you have provided. We appreciate all these details.

We'll definitely forward this to the appropriate team for a thorough investigation. Rest assured, once a few more pieces of information are available, we'll surely update this community thread.

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Michael-Alan
Binge Watcher

How to get HBO Max customer service on the phone

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I think we should give Max a phone call and place a trouble ticket with them.  It does not look like our issue with the Max Channel is being given top priority by Roku.  Perhaps Max can get on Roku to fix it.

-- Below is information from tomsguide.com:

How to get HBO Max customer service on the phone
The phone number for HBO Max customer service is (855) 942-6669. This isn't actually listed anywhere on HBO Max's website. However, that number is listed on Xfinity's, and I was able to confirm it by calling it myself.

Looking for technical support, all I had to do was dial that number and press "2" when I hit the first set of branching options in the phone tree.

DaveFriedel
Reel Rookie

Re: How to get HBO Max customer service on the phone

Jump to solution

The problem is still not fixed after the Roku and Max updates that came through.  It still throws the error message and hitting "Go Back" continuously will bring you to the PIN number screen.  It may be time to contact MAX to figure it out if Roku cannot fix it on their end.

So I agree with this post.  At this point, Max has been effectively broken for more than 5 days and Roku's fix did not work sadly.

0 Kudos
alilala
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok, I will call HBO again. They’re the first place I called before realizing the problem is on Roku’s end.  It’s surprising that this still hasn’t been fixed.

0 Kudos
DaveFriedel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

MAX provided the following workaround:

- Shut off Max on the Roku

- Create a new profile using the web version on your computer so you end up with 2 profiles.

- Restart Max on the Roku. Pick your original profile.

The problem is associated with just having one profile. You never have to use the new one, it just needs to exist. It's a known problem but there was no fix available.

ICha

Jump to solution

That actually worked! Thank you 

Lisar670
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That worked for me, too! Thanks for the info!

Re: Max channel getting an error message, "We were unable to switch profiles. Please try again.

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
ac14

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue and have tried everything...help

0 Kudos
DaveFriedel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

** WORKAROUND SOLUTION **

MAX provided the following workaround:

- Shut off Max on the Roku

- Create a new profile using the WEB version on your computer so you end up with 2 profiles there.

- Restart Max on the Roku. Pick your original profile. It should work now.

The problem is associated with just having one profile. You never have to use the newly created one, it just needs to exist. It's a known problem but there was no fix available.

0 Kudos