Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcat30
Reel Rookie

Legacy Tablo app crash issue after latest 13.1.4 Roku update

I'm working with Tablo customer service, but they haven't had any changes to their app recently to change how it's working on my Roku TV. It looks like Tablo isn't the issue, with the last Roku update in August, this makes the most sense on where the issue is.

The problem occurs when in various navigations in the Legacy Tablo app, including selecting a recording, deleting a recording and scrolling through recordings, the app will close and kick me back to the Roku TV home screen.

This gets frustrating to get kicked out and then have to navigate back to the Tablo app and go back in it and go back to where I was before.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Legacy Tablo app crash issue after latest 13.1.4 Roku update

Welcome to the Roku Community, @jcat30!

Thanks for letting us know about the playback issues you've encountered within the Tablo app on your Roku device. We'd be happy to suggest some steps to help you troubleshoot.

Kindly follow the steps precisely below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

If the issue persists, we would be happy to coordinate this with the appropriate team to conduct a thorough investigation. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcat30
Reel Rookie

Thank you for responding @RokuCarly  I chatted with someone from Roku Support on Saturday and we ran through all of the troubleshooting you suggested. I guess someone from Roku is supposed to be getting back to me about this. My Roku Customer Support reference # is 10415207.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @jcat30.

Thanks for keeping us posted here. We would also coordinate this with our Support team for follow-up. 

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this. 

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.