Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsquanch23
Channel Surfer

IP Camera Viewer Pro and OS Version 12

Jump to solution

It looks like my Ultra devices upgraded to version 12 this morning. Now the IP Camera Viewer Pro doesn't work correctly anymore. If I have one or two cameras in split screen mode it works fine. If I have three cameras the images all start flashing randomly. If I put all four cameras in to split screen mode it constantly flashes between all the cameras. I factory reset the device and setup everything fresh with the same results.

It was working fine last night and now it is not.

Is it OS version 12 or IP Camera Viewer Pro?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: IP Camera Viewer Pro and OS Version 12

Jump to solution

@jdigits, it isn't up to Roku to fix; it's up to the developer (who isn't Roku).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ioan  may be able to help.  Hopefully he sees this soon.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Samsquanch23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I found out that my 4800X unit that is still running OS 11.5 still works fine. My other two 4802X units that got upgraded to OS 12 both have this problem. It is obvious that it is caused by the upgrade but I would imagine the IP Viewer App author is going to have to change the app to comply with whatever Roku changed with the new OS.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Samsquanch23,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with the IP Camera Viewer Pro on your Roku device after the latest OS update.

We'll go ahead and send this over to the team for investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Samsquanch23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Has there been any updates on this? It is still not working correctly.

0 Kudos
bruce2251
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.  Any solution?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Samsquanch23,

Thanks for following up.

The Roku team is hard at work investigating the issue, we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bruce2251,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue. We are currently aware of the issue and our appropriate team is working diligently to resolve the issue. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, if you are still experiencing an issue, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, software OS/version, and IP address (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing and what exactly the behavior is that you are experiencing

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bruce2251
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, this is happening on all five of my roku devices.  I'm reluctant to give you the serial numbers, but here's the rest of it:

TCL43S45

Hardware ID: G133X

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4312-CG

Device ID: S0JNH28NK361

Report tracker: Issue ID: 61-194-207

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bruce2251,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We'll share these details with the appropriate team for further investigation. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.