Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flyerfan
Reel Rookie

just picture no sound on 42'' LG tv

When I hook up Roku to my 42'' LG all I get is picture no sound, tried other devices on this tv with no issues only Roku. it has all credentials HDMI etc. the tv is in perfect working order. Is Roku not compatible with certain televisions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: just picture no sound on 42'' LG tv

Hi @flyerfan,

Thanks for letting us know about this concern.

The Roku streaming player should be compatible with your LG TV. This can be related to how the Roku device is set up on the TV. Ensure that the Roku device's cable is firmly connected to the TV. Additionally, try connecting the Roku streaming device to your TV's other HDMI port. Ultimately, unplugging the TV and streaming player from the power source might help allay this worry.

We hope this works. Please keep us informed if the issue persists. 

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
flyerfan
Reel Rookie

No difference, the device is plugged into the wall as the tv doesn’t have a usb ( go figure ) any way even tried to change the wall plug cube to a monster brand and it said not supported so went back to original plug, also to note that when the device and tv acknowledge each other there is a quick loud static sound, as I said before all other devices used on this tv have no issues

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @flyerfan!

May we first know what Roku streaming device you are having problems with being unable to get a picture of? In addition, mentioning that all other devices used on your TV have no issues, could you please clarify if it's a Roku streaming device? Furthermore, we could try one more step, and with your permission, we can perform a hard reset on your Roku streaming device. Please be informed that resetting your Roku will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in to your channel subscriptions. Also, before doing this step, make sure that you know your Roku device's network connection and password. Here's How. 

Please let us know how it goes, and from there, we will be able to recommend further steps to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.