Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MtnWilliam

Re: I'm having the same issues that quite a few members are having today!

I am also having issues. Ours seems to be primarily an audio synching issue on Hulu but AppleTV does on occasion as well. It seems ridiculous to have to rewind 10 seconds after every commercial so that the audio will synch back up. 

0 Kudos
MARGO2561
Binge Watcher

Issue report tracker

Model GF07X – Roku TV

Serial Number X02300K69AOG(SOM272969AOGH)

Software version 12.0.0 build. 4190-EA

GC Version 9.5.25

TIMESTAMP 2023-07-3IT15:42:04Z

ISSUE ID  OG-304-782

RCA MODEL.   RR40FD1

SERIAL NUMBER X02300K69AOG

DEVICE ID SOM272969AOG

SOFTWARE VERSION 12.0.0.BUILD 4190-EA

0 Kudos
MARGO2561
Binge Watcher

Issue report tracker

Model GF07X – Roku TV

Serial Number X02300K69AOG(SOM272969AOGH)

Software version 12.0.0 build. 4190-EA

GC Version 9.5.25

TIMESTAMP 2023-07-3IT15:42:04Z

ISSUE ID  OG-304-782

RCA MODEL.   RR40FD1

SERIAL NUMBER X02300K69AOG

DEVICE ID SOM272969AOG

SOFTWARE VERSION 12.0.0.BUILD 4190-EA

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

This thread started out being several channels would not load and run, then it morphed into strictly issues with The Roku Channel, and now it appears to be drifting away from any specific channel. Several posts are saying they have the same problem, but we really don't know what their problem is. I suggest for users with issues create a new thread specific to their problem, so the correct focus can be maintained on the topic. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Pc64

I am having issues loading my britbox since 7/29/23. No issues before then and yes I deleted and readded the app

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Pc64 before you reinstalled the channel, did you reboot your Roku? If not, the removal wasn't complete. What is the model number of your Roku?

Dan

0 Kudos
Kerinbot
Channel Surfer

This is also happening for me, but only on the YouTube channel.

When the YouTube' channel first loads, it goes to black after the initial logo shows.

If I hit random up & down arrows, It will pick one of the videos more or less at random, I assume from my preferences & favorites lists; but I have no control over what plays.

I use theRoku TV to watch YouTube primarily. And frankly, almost anything else could have gone down, and I wouldn't have even noticed.

But not being able to play YouTube is a deal breaker for me.

I believe this happened as the result of a recent Roku update.

I've checked that I have the latest update (which I wish I could roll back).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the channel. I have turned off and back on the TV. YouTube is still dead in the water.

I believe that the Roku system operations have been updated to something that is not functioning and needs to be fixed ASAP!

atc98092

@Kerinbot YouTube is working fine on my Stick 4K+, and I'm even at a hotel using very slow hotel WiFi. I just switched to YouTube, since I was listening to SiriusXM while I'm working. I'm watching last night's SpaceX launch right now, and I even used the remote to move forward to reach the launch and not listen to all their chatter before launch. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Kerinbot
Channel Surfer

Thanks for replying, but I'm not sure how that helps. This is not a stick. It's a Roku TV. And I believe the problem is with an update to the Roku TV interface, that is somehow incompatible with some channels on some TVs, Including in my case, the Roku YouTube app.

Since random YouTube videos WILL play after randomly hitting up-and-down, left & right arrows, to blind select something I do not believe the problem is with YouTube itself, but with the new version of the Roku system.

Roku needs to fix this and push a corrected version out to us all with affected Roku TV hardware!

atc98092

This is one big reason you need to state your model Roku device. 🙂 

It's highly unlikely the Roku OS is doing any of this. There hasn't been any OS update for many weeks, when 11.5 began a slow release. And the channel/app itself is the same regardless of the device in use. That is why my experience might be applicable to your issue.

While I recognize you've only seen the problem with YT, you might look closely at your remote and see if there's any debris around any of the buttons that might be interfering with its operation. Just for fun, I also suggest trying a fresh set of batteries in the remote. Not likely the problem, but it helps eliminate one potential fix. If you have a smart phone, you could install the Roku app and see if YouTube behaves the same way when using the app to control it. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.