Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msb335pro
Binge Watcher

Re: I'm having the same issues that quite a few members are having today!

I did actually, when one of the support reps suggested to me that perhaps the app itself was having issues, meaning that the problem was Pluto's fault, or Tubi, or whatever free app is being a nuisance right now. 

I doubt we'll see any real solution until this starts affecting the paid apps like Prime or Hulu, or even Netflix. When those guys get involved, then maybe somebody at Roku will finally look into it. 

msb335pro
Binge Watcher

Here's two tracker ID's to play with... These should be suffice without posting every other number under my Roku just for a solution.

ID-EW-289-293

ID-EW-289-215

0 Kudos
Sm26

I cannot get CBS, NBC or ABC ABC and I get an error message

0 Kudos
bluelazer
Reel Rookie

@msb335pro - well said.

I left Roku use a few years back due to performance issues, and switched to firestick. then last spring Plex which I use a lot, started with a host of issues. Trying to get any technical help from that AMZ group is beyond the pale.. oh do this, check this, factory reset, its your connection, your ISP blocking, routing, DNS  etc yadi-yada. No it wasn't it was your **bleep** OS code and on June 1st when you rolled a new firmware update - it worked as it had for years prior - DUH??. But I bought this Ultra 4k puck for my non-smart 4k Samsung TV... all seemed well for a while - A $100 bandage it would seem.

I operate a small computer/security business, I get this nonsense from Apple, Google and Micro-Softy fanboys for decades... oh MS you corrupted protected OS system files again - but its my issue (oh do a clean reinstall of windows and other foolish technical gibberish). Why go on.

It is indeed tough to support low-cost consumer products for all the reasons that are apparent - it is a extremely tough mission (I should know I managed global support centers) . Yes there are numerous variables... but when my experience and commonsense tells me one thing and I am given a lecture by someone - well moving on.. the Roku is off the TV and the Firestick is back on. I happen to like Tubi a lot and not because its free content. Pluto is 100% dead in the water but I don't watch it much.

I hadn't been on this forum for years and I rarely engaged - foolish me - I won't again.

The problem will get sorted in time... but time is short... so I am stepping out of this.

Good luck!
Tlainey54
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
MARGO2561
Binge Watcher

Bought 4 Roku tvs, mainly for the Roku channel to use instead of Sky.....however, I am unable to play anything on the Roku channel, it says play, I press play and it then loads for 1 second, but does not play. This has been going on for weeks, despite seeking on line assistance and emails to and fro. Have been told yet again that the background team are working on it, but can't find the problem......this isn't on, I would never have paid out for 4 tvs if I had known about this issue. Saying that I AM THANKED FOR MY PATIENCE DOESNT CUT THE MUSTARD, Roku need to get this issue sorted, if their technicians can't do it, they need to pay for professional assistance elsewhere, as their technicians are obviously not as good as they would like to think, otherwise this issue would have been sorted in a day or two, not months and months!Some American subscribers seem to have had the same issue, and SOME of them have been sorted....but this has been going on for round about a year at least, the simplest way to loose custom is to have poor back up....I would never advise anyone to buy a Roku TV now, but would advise against.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MARGO2561,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look into this issue, and we'll need more information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SGW1

My recent challenge is Max. Was working, now (last 2 weeks) does not. Have tried all updates (all current) and a delete Max and reload. Seems to be only on Max. I can get the blue Max screen and to the shows list, but I cannot run any episodes of anything on Max. Talked to 2 Max customer service wizards to no effect. Instead of episodes, I get a black Technical Error message. My Max complaint number is 11481254. I’m using a 3810X Roku Streaming Stick with software version 12.0.0, build 4184-50.

0 Kudos
Bmuntz
Channel Surfer

My pluto,freevee, prime,  is working but anything on the roku channels are black and won't load 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I don't watch The Roku Channel much, but just fired it up to test it out, since others are reporting problems. I'm currently in a Marriott hotel connected to their WiFi with my Streaming Stick 4K+. I only have about a 9 Mbps connection. That said, I'm watching an episode of Modern Marvels on TRC without a problem. I then switched to a movie (U-571)m and it too is playing fine. I'm only a single data point, but there doesn't seem to be an issue here. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.