Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I'm having the same issues that quite a few members are having today!

Hi @Terr,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with the Roku Live TV shows not playing content. Kindly be advised that we're aware of the situation, and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating the issue to resolve it. In the meantime, we'll need additional information from your end that we can pass along to the team. 

• Who is their ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?
  • What is their IP address (from http://whatismyip.com)?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

The information you provide us will be much help. Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
angelia88
Reel Rookie

For me Pluto is the one that has not been working, it kind of starts but then crashes all the time. on firestick works fine.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @angelia88,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having trouble accessing the Pluto app. However, have you tried to remove the app? performing a system reboot, and then adding it again? If not, we'd be more than happy to assist you with this, as this is a crucial process that needs to be done precisely. Just follow the steps provided below:

• Remove the Pluto app: press Home > move to the right and highlight the Pluto app > press Star* > select Remove channel.
  • Reboot your device's system: press Home > Settings > System > System Restart.
  • Add the channel again: press Home > select Store > select Channels and look for the Pluto app > select Add channel.

If the issue is still persistent, let us know and we're here to further assist you with this. 

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
angelia88
Reel Rookie

I have removed it, reinstalled it (many many times), and even did a system reset on the ROKU TV, and nothing 😞

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @angelia88,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue that you're experiencing with Pluto TV!

You appear to have done an excellent job of troubleshooting the problem. Because there is a problem with that particular channel, we advise getting in touch with the channel provider. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there's anything else that we can further assist with, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
peanutparade
Channel Surfer

Pluto station has been wonky for quite some time.  It will just drop and go back to the home screen so if you were watching a movie on demand, you have to reload it from the beginning and scroll through trying to find the same place where it dropped, and then it will drop again 5 minutes later.

0 Kudos
MARGO2561
Binge Watcher

Don’t expect any help from here… I have had the issue with the Roku channel not playing any videos etc for months now…,and still no resolution! Keep checking for updates I have been told…..for months!

0 Kudos