Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dozzer1965

I do not like watching commercials

Before I bought this roku tv I had a vizio. When viewing Amazon prime watching programs there were no commercials. Now that I bought a roku tv. I had to open a roku account just to watch Amazon prime or max. Before I didn't. Now while watching programs. Because I had to open a roku account. I am being subjected to commercials that I previously did not have to watch. I am regretting buying a roku tv to the point I may have to return it. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: I do not like watching commercials

A few questions:

Are you logged into the same Amazon account when you watch Prime? Are you aware that earlier this year, Amazon added commercials to the "base tier" of Prime video and require you to "Go Ad Free" if you don't want them?

If you're logged into the same account and you've gone ad free at Amazon, then there should be no commercials on Prime.

(I can't say anything about Max since I don't have that.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: I do not like watching commercials

If you use the Prime or Max apps, you should just log in using your existing subscription to those services. No need to create a separate Roku account. The Roku account is just for the device itself, and you can (NOT RECOMMEND) subscribe through Roku.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.