Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sschild84
Reel Rookie

How to watch NFL football with Roku device

Jump to solution

These steps don't work for me because under TV inputs, I don't have antenna TV option. I'm trying to watch NFL football. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to watch NFL football with Roku device

Jump to solution

Hello! @sschild84,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We are grateful for your inquiry regarding how to watch NFL football with your Roku device. We are happy to help.

The NFL Zone, which lives within our Sports experience on your home screen, helps you find live and upcoming NFL games with the right apps on the Roku platform.

You can watch weekly game previews, league highlights, and additional NFL content in a centralized location within the NFL Zone.

Access NFL+, the National Football League’s exclusive streaming service. NFL+ exists within the NFL app and NFL.com ecosystem and delivers a combination of live local and primetime mobile games, NFL RedZone, NFL Network, live game audio, game replays, and on-demand content across two pricing tiers: NFL+ and NFL+ Premium.

If you want to stream into overtime, you can find the NFL Channel on The Roku Channel, which is the official free, 24/7 channel of the NFL, featuring real-time highlights, stats, score updates, and more.

To see live and upcoming NFL games, navigate to the NFL Zone within the Sports section of your home screen. Once you see where and when to watch, all that’s left is to kick back for kickoff.

For more detailed information, please check out how to stream NFL games on Roku devices.

Happy football streaming!

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @sschild84,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We are grateful for your inquiry regarding how to watch NFL football with your Roku device. We are happy to help.

The NFL Zone, which lives within our Sports experience on your home screen, helps you find live and upcoming NFL games with the right apps on the Roku platform.

You can watch weekly game previews, league highlights, and additional NFL content in a centralized location within the NFL Zone.

Access NFL+, the National Football League’s exclusive streaming service. NFL+ exists within the NFL app and NFL.com ecosystem and delivers a combination of live local and primetime mobile games, NFL RedZone, NFL Network, live game audio, game replays, and on-demand content across two pricing tiers: NFL+ and NFL+ Premium.

If you want to stream into overtime, you can find the NFL Channel on The Roku Channel, which is the official free, 24/7 channel of the NFL, featuring real-time highlights, stats, score updates, and more.

To see live and upcoming NFL games, navigate to the NFL Zone within the Sports section of your home screen. Once you see where and when to watch, all that’s left is to kick back for kickoff.

For more detailed information, please check out how to stream NFL games on Roku devices.

Happy football streaming!

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
engintech
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeap I have the same issue I do not have a TV provider. Now what?

0 Kudos
Jason96

Jump to solution

Yeah, the no TV provider is my roadblock too....  This is very frustrating.  I can get a free hr of fox sports, but I can't see the game even after I sub up with NFL+ Premium.  I don't think Roku really supports watching football via the NFL+ app.

engintech
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeap and the agent tech support folks act like ours is the first time they have heard of this issue! Go figure.

I did send an inquiry to the NFL support, have not heard back yet.

0 Kudos
illywilly

Jump to solution

I just subscribed to the NFL network, after creating an account and they took the money out of my account but I cant access any of the games.  Everytime i go to look at a game it tells me to sign, so i do, then it gives me and activation code to use on my computer or QR code for the phone, so I do that and everytime it tells me there is an unexpected error, giving me no clue at all what the problem is.  This has been one of the worst experiences I have ever had trying to use Roku.  If they are not gonna let me watch the NFL network after paying for the **bleep** sure better be giving me my money back.

Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@sschild84  I think you may be following instructions for a Roku TV but you have a Roku player.  In that case, use your TV remote to access the antenna.

@engintech  If you called Roku support about choosing a TV provider, I’m not surprised that they don’t know about that.  (I’m sure if Roku themselves had a TV provider, they’d be happy to suggest their own, but they don’t! 😀)

Here’s a handy tool for comparing TV providers based on your desires. 

https://www.suppose.tv/

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
alienjon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I subscribed to NFL+ and last year was able to stream games from the NFL app on Roku.  This year though it's requiring me to either log in via a cable provider or any of a variety of other streaming service (ESPN, Prime, etc...).  I can play the games on my phone, but cannot stream from my phone to the Roku via Apple Play (I think this is by design, though, from what I read of the NFL FAQ pages).  It appears, though, that I SHOULD be able to watch the games on the Roku still but it won't and doesn't give me the option to do so.

0 Kudos
alienjon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You're not alone.  Same problem here.  Games will stream on my phone, but not the Roku.  For the record it steamed fine last year.  Requires me to sign in to a TV provider or a whole separate streaming service.  NFL+ support is a joke.  I've created about half a dozen tickets and they best they gave to me was to log out and back in again and restart the device.  Meanwhile I must have tried logging in about two dozen times in the way you described and the system just isn't working.  I'll put in the code and click to submit, but it just clears the field and doesn't do anything.

0 Kudos
sschild84
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm sorry but that message gave out the wrong question. I thought I was replying to somebody else's comment. The full story with my issue is not football. It's the fact that I was trying to get to antenna television and that option was not available through the directed route I saw posted. I got to a certain point and then the directions didn't follow what my options were on TV. I hope that makes sense. I should be able to watch antenna television because there is antenna input option.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.