Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ulonzui

Why do I keep getting signed out of my YouTube app

I’ve had my Roku tv for 5 years and I’ve never had this problem. For the past month, every time I turn off my tv it signs me out of my YouTube app. I used to just click the YouTube app and it took me straight into YouTube now it tells me to sign in every time. Any way to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why do I keep getting signed out of my YouTube app

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @ulonzui.

Thanks for letting us know about this. No worries! We're here to suggest some troubleshooting steps and provide further information about this.

Firstly, can you please confirm if your Roku TV recently received any software update prior to this happening that might have triggered this issue? If not, kindly follow the steps provided below to see if this makes any difference:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

If the issue persists, we highly recommend directly reaching out to the channel provider for additional assistance as they manage and maintain their app on the Roku Streaming platform independently. 

You may reach them here: YouTube Support

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.