Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not getting local station for my area

My zip code is 83406. I'm not getting local station 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I'm not getting local station for my area

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Cliffwrightsr55!

We'd be happy to help you access your local channels and we appreciate you reaching out for support.

Before we proceed, may we know what specific Roku streaming device are you trying to stream your local channels from? 

If you have a Roku TV and you want to stream your OTA Live TV channels, you may set up an antenna. Depending on where you live, you may be able to receive free “over-the-air” TV broadcasts from nearby TV stations using an HDTV antenna. You can refer to Antenna Web for more information on accessing “over-the-air” TV in your area and finding and using an HDTV antenna.

To access “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna must be connected to the Live TV input of your TV.

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your TV
  2. Press Home on your Roku remote
  3. Select Live TV
  4. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup

For streaming devices, there are only limited channels you may stream using the Live TV app depending on your location.

You may visit this support article to help you learn more about this: How to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system

We hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I'm not getting local station for my area

Your zip code covers a very large area, and without knowing your exact location I couldn't say how many, if any, Idaho Falls TV stations you might expect to receive. From what I can find, there's only three TV stations in IDA, so first off you don't have many to choose from. The location of their TV transmitter tower makes a significant difference as well.

Since it's not advisable for you to put your address here in a public forum, here's a web page you can use to determine what you might be able to receive, your distance from the transmitter, and what sort of antenna might be needed to receive the channel.

Also, I have to add that a Roku player cannot receive over the air TV. You must have a Roku TV for that.

AntennaWeb - Antenna Signal Prediction

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.