Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hilary-
Reel Rookie

How to Stop Roku Steaming Channels Overrunning the Local Channels of My Choice?

How can I stop Roku streaming channels overrunning my choice of local channels? I  followed the process to restart scanning again and again and put the local channels under favorites. But the Roku streaming channels ran over my choices. Any solutions? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to Stop Roku Steaming Channels Overrunning the Local Channels of My Choice?

Thank you for joining us here in the Roku Community, @Hilary-!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. Rest assured that we'll help you find the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Are you using an antenna when streaming your local channels?
  • Do the channels you've selected as your favorites disappear every time you access them? 
  • Do specific channels disappear?

We'll be looking forward to your response so we can assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate reoslution.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DannyK
Reel Rookie

Re: How to Stop Roku Steaming Channels Overrunning the Local Channels of My Choice?

I have the same problem all of a sudden. Missed the Monday night football game because there was no way to access local channels.  Finally I rescanned but marked the start over option first and the local channels finally popped up on my screen.  But the game was over.  So the next day I find my Live TV is again replaced by the TV Guide, with nothing local available, so I had to rescan all over again.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @DannyK.

Greetings from the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about your running issue with streaming your local channels. Rest assured that we'll coordinate this with the team for review.

Before proceeding, could you please clarify if you're streaming this via OTA channels via antenna or directly from the Live TV app on your Roku?

We'll be looking forward to your confirmation.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Traceyt

I got back from vacation only to find I cannot get local channels from my antenna anymore.  All streaming news channels only. How to fix?

0 Kudos
Traceyt

No local channels.. at all .. starts channels at a high number not. 12 or 47

0 Kudos
Hilary-
Reel Rookie

Here the answers to your questions, Carly:

Before proceeding, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Are you using an antenna when streaming your local channels? Yes, I was using an antenna to find the local channels. 
  • Do the channels you've selected as your favorites disappear every time you access them? Yes. 
  • Do specific channels disappear? Yes, they all disappear from both the favorite and the channel line-up.

I hope this issue can be resolved soon.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Hilary-
Reel Rookie

Carly:

Here are my answers to your questions: 

• Are you using an antenna when streaming your local channels? Yes, I was using an antenna to find the local channels. 
  • Do the channels you've selected as your favorites disappear every time you access them? Yes. 
  • Do specific channels disappear? Yes, they all disappeared from both the favorite and the channel line-up.

I hope this issue can be resolved soon.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Hilary- 

Thank you for the added information. In this case, we'll coordinate this with the appropriate team to conduct a thorough investigation. 

In order to narrow down the cause of the issue, we would appreciate it if you could share with us your device details such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Specific channels missing. 

We'll be looking forward to your response so that we can check this further and provide you with a swift resolution.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Traceyt!

Thanks for letting us know about the missing OTA Live TV channels you've discovered on your Roku device. Rest assured that we'll coordinate this with the team for review.

Please send us the details I requested above so we can include your device in the investigation. 

Looking forward to your response!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.