Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dfh1
Reel Rookie

Captions out of sync On Roku Express 4k

On Roku Express 4k 
Roko streaming channel has Captions for some episodes completely out of sync.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Captions out of sync On Roku Express 4k

Hi, @Dfh1.

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to be of assistance here and review the affected content.

Before proceeding, it would help us investigate this matter if you could provide us with a specific series (season and episode), movie, or TV Show.

Are you accessing this via the website or through your Roku device?

We'll be looking forward to your confirmation.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dfh1
Reel Rookie

The problem is on the Roku channel in the Murdoch Mysteries series.  I see it in randomly in season 15 and 16.  It doesn't occur in every episode.  I haven't reported it earlier because I was hoping it would go away.  What I provide here is an example.

Season 16 Episode 1

At startup one sees what appears to be a test screen with a tone sounding.  That keeps up for approximately 20 seconds.

Then we see a screen with the  Picture Shop logo that shows duration to be 44:07

Roku Channel counter shows duration of 49:07 at the same point.

Captions begin to display during the intro, 46 second in.  They never sync correctly.

If the Picture Shop is responsible for the captions, they are doing a really **bleep** job.  Not only do they completely miss the mark for sinking captions for some episodes, but they regularly truncate what appears on the screen for captions.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Dfh1.

Thanks for the additional information. 

Rest assured that the team has already been notified of this issue. We'll conduct a thorough investigation. 

Once I've received any updates regarding this case, I'll let the Community know. In the meantime, we humbly request your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.