Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeB1952
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Not Enough Space with YouTube and Apple TV Not Launching

Jump to solution

This has been an ongoing problem at our house. The two channels that are frequently affected are Sling and UTube. Sling has been down for three days now. What's curious is, we have three Roku sticks. Sling won't load on one but will on the other two. Same thing happens with UTube. I have had to switch the sticks from the other devices and put it in our living room which is where we primarily view. I've had to do this more than once. Is the problem with the stick?

John1958
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Have you tried setting the "theme" to default? It is a sucky look but it does fix the YouTube TV issue!

0 Kudos
Dragonfury25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Joe!

Honestly, I can’t say I know with absolute certainty what’s going on with this problem. The only “constant” in every question seems to be the YouTube connection. So, logically, the problem isn’t with the Roku device(s) but rather with YouTube itself. I’ve been told that Roku has repeatedly tried to contact and/or bring up the problem with YT but either YT doesn’t have a fix for the situation or they simply don’t care enough to find one. So, simply put: the problem originates with YouTube and not with Roku or any specific device or configuration of it. 

Sorry this wasn’t more helpful, but if you or anyone else experiencing this problem have suggestions on how to get YouTube’s attention on the matter, please share with both owners/users of Roku devices &/or anyone in charge of this forum.

thanks for reading this novel (lol), Dragonfury25

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@JoeB1952 wrote:

This has been an ongoing problem at our house. The two channels that are frequently affected are Sling and UTube. Sling has been down for three days now. What's curious is, we have three Roku sticks. Sling won't load on one but will on the other two. Same thing happens with UTube. I have had to switch the sticks from the other devices and put it in our living room which is where we primarily view. I've had to do this more than once. Is the problem with the stick?

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading:

1) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

4) Remove app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/System restart), Add app - try again

5) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

0 Kudos
JSaumur
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not even close.  Sorry to tell you but this has nothing to do with YouTube.  I've had the same problem on different Roku version and all of them never had the YouTube channel on them, it was a clean reinstallation and Youtube was never there to start with and never was installed after installation of others like Netflix which is the channel that wasn't working in my case, even though everything was done properly.  It would work for like a week and then the problem again.  I would say there's a 100% certainty that it's Roku software the problem versus the memory buffer they allowed when using.  It's not Youtube, it's not Netflix, it's not any channel really, it's for sure the software.

JoeB1952
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just to be clear, I never felt the problem was with UTube or Sling, which are the two we've had a problem. I'm certain it's Roku's software. We have three Roku sticks in our house. Why will the stations load on two out of the three? They do occasionally come back but it might take days. It's been a real annoyance.

JoeB1952
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, Dragonfury25. Just to clarify, the problem isn't just with YT. We also have the same issue with Sling which actually fails more often than YT. As I mentioned, we have three Roku sticks in our house. The problem occurs on one stick and not the other two. 

Joe

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@JoeB1952 wrote:

Thanks, Dragonfury25. Just to clarify, the problem isn't just with YT. We also have the same issue with Sling which actually fails more often than YT. As I mentioned, we have three Roku sticks in our house. The problem occurs on one stick and not the other two. 

Joe

If you haven't already tried the 7 solutions/workarounds I listed, I recommend you do so.

0 Kudos
YPitl

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

I am getting the same problem.  I have deleted, reinstalled, deleted, reset, and reinstalled, and still the same message.  I have over seven Roku's and I only have problems with the one that's connected to one of my LG tvs

Something needs to be done.  

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

@YPitl wrote:

I am getting the same problem.  I have deleted, reinstalled, deleted, reset, and reinstalled, and still the same message.  I have over seven Roku's and I only have problems with the one that's connected to one of my LG tvs

Something needs to be done.  

Did you try the specific 7 listed workarounds/solutions, up to and including the last - Factory Reset?

0 Kudos