Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution
"redtommy76" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
"redtommy76" wrote:
My Ultra does this and I have an SD card that is nearly 100% empty.  I usually reboot to correct the issue.  Reset and new SD did not correct the issue

When you check via the system menu, does it show an SD card installed? How much space is used? It should indicate percentage, and that would likely be in relation to a 2 GB card, the largest Roku uses.

That message? Is it not letting you install stuff? Or is the prompt that comes when you launch an app, and it recommends you install a card. Because that's the message that Ultra usually gets if it doesn't have (or isn't compatible with) a microSD card. The message this post is about is the one where you can't even add an app, and had previously only been affecting Express models.

FYI. Roku recommended minimum for SD cards is 2GB not maximum.
  https://support.roku.com/article/208756 ... o-sd-card-

Try responding outside the quotes. It's much easier to read.

Since searching for small numbers is not supported on this forum, it'll take some time before I find where Roku support on this forum stated that 2 GB was the max it would use.

Still, look at my questions about the message. Are you certain it was the message that won't let you install apps? Not the recommendation to use microSD card?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
redtommy76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
"DBDukes" wrote:
"redtommy76" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
"redtommy76" wrote:
My Ultra does this and I have an SD card that is nearly 100% empty.  I usually reboot to correct the issue.  Reset and new SD did not correct the issue

When you check via the system menu, does it show an SD card installed? How much space is used? It should indicate percentage, and that would likely be in relation to a 2 GB card, the largest Roku uses.

That message? Is it not letting you install stuff? Or is the prompt that comes when you launch an app, and it recommends you install a card. Because that's the message that Ultra usually gets if it doesn't have (or isn't compatible with) a microSD card. The message this post is about is the one where you can't even add an app, and had previously only been affecting Express models.

FYI. Roku recommended minimum for SD cards is 2GB not maximum.
  https://support.roku.com/article/208756 ... o-sd-card-

Try responding outside the quotes. It's much easier to read.

Since searching for small numbers is not supported on this forum, it'll take some time before I find where Roku support on this forum stated that 2 GB was the max it would use.

Still, look at my questions about the message. Are you certain it was the message that won't let you install apps? Not the recommendation to use microSD card?

I am certain of the message.  The provided link literally states a minimum 2GB card not maximum. 
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
"redtommy76" wrote:
I am certain of the message. ... 

Exactly what does the message say? You've played the Pronoun Game. How about an exact quote of what it says? Because this is the first report of an Ultra showing the message that the Express had displayed.

Next time you get it, transcribe it here, along with what you were doing or attempting to do when it displayed. If this bug that was previously limited to the Express is impacting the Ultra, that's a major deal. Please be certain.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
For anyone who is still seeing an error message when trying to add/install channels after performing a factory reset as described here: 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

Please PM me with the following:

- The model of Roku device you are seeing the issue on. 
- Your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About
- More details, including the number of channels you currently have added to your Roku account, whether or not you have tried using a micro-SD card (along with the results of that method)
- The exact, specific error message(s) you see on screen. 
- The date when you first observed this issue occurring. 

I'll follow up with you directly to see what other steps we may be able to recommend to help resolve the issue. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
run2themax
Visitor

Jump to solution
I had the problem when trying to launch YouTube on Roku of the error message "Not Enough Space" and suggesting removing channels.  No matter how many channels I removed it never worked.  I would delete YouTube then re-add it and it would work only for that one launch. 
I did all updates, resetting, deleting and reinstalling, etc. but no matter what I would get the "Not Enough Space...remove channels".   Again, when deleting and reinstalling YouTube it would work that one time but the next time trying to launch I would get the error message. 
I finally deleted the YouTube app on Roku and reinstalled.  I launched YouTube.  On the PC I signed into my YouTube and deleted any connected channels.  I then paired it back with the Roku and now it is working. 
I know everyone is having different problems with YouTube or similar problems with other channels but I just wanted to mention what finally worked for me.  Much luck!
K8W

Why does my Roku device say not enough space?

Jump to solution

I’m trying to watch 1 of only 8 channels I have left as every time I try to watch I get ‘not enough space please delete apps ‘ ... what is going on !? Surely I should be able to watch 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why does my Roku device say not enough space?

Jump to solution

@K8W 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It looks like the issue that you are experiencing may be related to space issues on your device. Freeing up space on your device may resolve the issue that you are seeing. You can do this by:
1) Remove any unused channels from your device.
2) Factory reset your device.
3) Link your device back to your account.
4) Add the channels that you are trying to use.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
th3brick24
Reel Rookie

Can't Run Channel Error

Jump to solution

I've regulated my channels down to only 5, I've done a factory reset, and I've tried you force an update (None available).  However I'm still reviving an error that me "Can't run Channel" Due to not enough space.  Are there any solutions available?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't Run Channel Error

Jump to solution

@th3brick24 

Thanks for the note.

If performing a factory reset on your device still isn't resolving your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dcole318

Re: Can't Run Channel Error

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issue when I try to run Amazon or Sling TV getting the error that there is not enough space.  I tried all the troubleshooting tips and the only thing that has worked is to do a factory reset.  The problem keeps coming back though and I have to do a factory reset every few days.  It takes forever and is a pain.  I own two Roku express devices and it is only happening on one of them (which is the older of the two).  Once the factory reset is done and I re-register my channels, Sling TV is very slow to load, taking 90-120 seconds to get to the menu.  This just started happening a month ago.  There are no updates to be run and the internet connection is the same as it always was.  What can I do to stop having to do a factory reset so I can watch Sling TV and Amazon?