Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gpeirce
Streaming Star

Re: CBSN not loading live news

Jump to solution

And here I thought it was only me.  I'm not happy to know everyone is having this problem but I do feel better.  I don't intend to reboot Roku just to "see if it works".  Did that once and had to establish every ID and password.  I did get an email last week asking to describe the problem.  Answered that and have not heard a word.  I doubt this will ever get repaired.

Gigasaurus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 5 rokus and they all have the problem (which began on the same day). I have the Paramount+ app from which I am able to access the CBS News stream (which is the same stream found in the defunct CBS News app). So I know the CBS news stream works in The paramount+ paid app. It’s just the free CBS News standalone app that says “download 0%” and doesn’t work any more.

0 Kudos
Gigasaurus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here. On all 5 of my Rokus. Stopped working in the beginning of December.

0 Kudos
Ausberto73

Jump to solution

Thank you for the advice.

I remove the channel CVS News, then a reboot Roku, and finally I add again the channel and nothing happened still downloading in 0%   😞

0 Kudos
Cdugs99

Jump to solution

This did not fix the issue 

0 Kudos
MagicRichHurley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yes, I've done all the re-sets and re-installing - I've had the same experience.   I've been using this app for several years without any issues...  Nice to know I'm not crazy or doing something wrong 🙂

0 Kudos
vcmp2

Jump to solution

Regarding this thread about the CBS News App not working, including the posts about "CBSN" not working: Can you or some of the Community Experts address the Actual question - which is about the CBS News app not loading?  Or should I go straight to the Agent Support if Community is not going to be able to respond to the question?

The problem is that about a week ago my CBS News app stopped loading live news, both national and local affiliates, as well as some older content.  It simply displays the "loading circle" which is circling with 0% in the center. The rest of my apps are fine. I have checked the network etc & they are fine. I have been using the CBS News app since starting my ROKU Streaming Stick+ in Dec 2020. I have a friend who has a ROKU tv and has been having the same problem for about a month. Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

This app is sometimes referred to as CBSN on smart tvs and older lists, so that is probably why some of those on this thread are using those initials. 

0 Kudos
vcmp2

Re: Cbsn app not working for the past week

Jump to solution

I have CBS News as an independent app which loaded from the channel list on my ROKU search function. I typed in CBS News and ROKU showed me that channel. I do not receive it through a streaming service, other than ROKU. 

0 Kudos
vcmp2

Jump to solution

Thank you for the recommendations. One question - if I reboot my ROKU Stick, will I have to re-select all my other channels and settings?

0 Kudos
vcmp2

Jump to solution

Hi again. Sorry to be a pest - ROKU has worked so well for me, I am not familiar with some of the "fix-it" options.  When you gave the 3 steps - 1. Remove app.  2. Reboot ROKU. 3. Reinstall app. On my system menu it calls it "Restart" - am I correct that step 2 is the Restart the ROKU option? It does turn off the stick & then restarts it. 

By the way, the steps did not resolve the issue for me, but thanks anyway.  

So, I plan to notify CBS and use Pluto etc for now. 

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos