Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve111
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix CBS News app not loading live news

Jump to solution

Dear  

Thank you for your patience with CBS News Customer Support!

The issue with Roku has been resolved! Please update to the latest version of the app and let us know if you are still having the problem.

We appreciate you for being a loyal CBS News viewer.

Regards, 
Tim
0 Kudos
Jaxjaguars

Re: CBSN not loading live news

Jump to solution

My roku sound bar and tv will not load cbs live. My tablet and phone will. So I cast to my Samsung TV. For me the problem started this morning.  I don't want to do a factory reset to get it back. It will be a pain in my thumb. 

0 Kudos
Marg

Jump to solution

I tried a factory reset and I’m still having problems with CBS News

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Jaxjaguars @Marg

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on CBSN app or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mfey09
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have this issue.  I have removed the CBS news app, restarted the Roku Ultra and reloaded the app.  The problem remains.  I only have this issue with the CBS news app.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
drprime

Re: CBSN not loading live news

Jump to solution

This fix worked and I'm glad I didn't have to apply it to all my devices.  Uninstalled, restarted Roku, and reinstalled on one device fixed the problem on all 6!!  Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mfey09

Thanks for the post.

Have you already checked for a channel updates by selecting the channel from the Home screen and selecting the channel and pressing the * button > Check for updates?

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we can investigate the issue you are experiencing further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mfey09
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I updated the app per your recommendation and the CBS live feed is working again.  Thank you for the help.

Matt

0 Kudos