Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Al1003
Reel Rookie

Re: CBSN not loading live news

Jump to solution

I’m having this problem. Did a factory reset on Roku. 0% circle goes round and round after a week without CBS news. Guess it is time to switch to another live news channel.

0 Kudos
MagicRichHurley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Missing Vlad. We like ABC, found their local new for L.A. far superior to CBS.  Thanks CBS for introducing us to ABC... you should fix this.

0 Kudos
Al1003
Reel Rookie

Re: Cbsn app not working for the past week

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. I tried all the suggestions here including: uninstalling and reinstalling CBS News app; unplugging and replugging Roku device; resetting Roku to factory settings; needless…none of these ever worked. Then I went to the CBS app and looked for the show CBSN. Clicked on it. Guess what? It work and I have live CBS news once again. My guess is that the problem lies with the interface between the standalone CBS news app and Roku. Would you guys stop pointing fingers and figure this problem out together and let us know when you have fixed it. In the meantime, I hope this fix works for you and the other frustrated multitudes that want their news!

0 Kudos
wsanders1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think this is Paramount's passive aggressive way of telling us that we have to pay to watch CBS new content on the Paramount+ channel now.

Gigasaurus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I pay for Paramount+.  But what I loved about the CBS News app was I could launch the app, and be watching headline news without any additional clicks. It was great for popping in the kitchen and listening to news while making a sandwich. With the Paramount+ app (and most other apps) you are only 12 clicks away from watching what you want.

0 Kudos
Gpeirce
Streaming Star

Re: CBSN not loading live news - For Individual Cities

Jump to solution

For all of you that do get the main CBSN station by going to Pluto, Sling, or CBS....this does not solve the problem of getting the individual city news.  We used to be able to see CBS Bay Area, CBS Denver, CBS New York, etc.   How have you gotten around that problem?  Or, are you only concentrating on the 1 CBSN show?

0 Kudos
PAB25

Jump to solution

Hey everybody, I have been having the same problem and I did something today that seems to have helped.  It sounds crazy, honestly, but My CBS is working again on my Roku.  I watch CBSN LA specifically on Roku and it stopped working.  For a while.  TODAY I thought I would try going to CBSN LA on my computer instead.  At first it didn't load, just like my Roku.  But then I tried it again, and it loaded and started playing.  So I tried my Roku, and for the first time in weeks CBSN LA loaded on my Roku.  And just now I tried watching "latest headlines" on my Roku, and it still wasn't loading.  So I tried the same thing with my computer, now it is playing on my Roku! I honestly have no idea how/if this had anything to do with it, or if it is just two crazy coincidences back to back, but if CBS is still not working on your Roku give it a try?

Gpeirce
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Pab25...Pretty sure it's just a coincidence.  CBSN started working on my ROKU Tv's for all cities yesterday.  Hope everyone else is getting reception now too.

Al1003
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not sure if everyone has gotten reconnected, but CBS and Roku have gotten together I think and solved the problem. The main channel and all the local ones are now working again for me. It was nothing that I did on my end.

MagicRichHurley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

YES!  working for the first time in weeks!  Thank you to the Roku Community and to Roku and CBS for getting this problem fixed.