Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CBSN not loading live news

Jump to solution

@cim wrote:

CBSN has been loading 0% all week. I deleted the channel and rebooted, still the same. The web page version is live. I have been watching ROKU CBSN for years.

"CBSN" is not a standalone app for Roku. It is a stream that is within other apps, including Paramount+, Pluto TV, and yes, CBS News app. Since the CBSN stream within the CBS News app works, I'm assuming it's another app you're using. "CBS News" is a Roku app. Both carry CBS news content, but they aren't the same app. With which app are you having a problem?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
AJthree
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with the Roku CBS News app. Live news won't load. I dropped the Roku CBS News app and reloaded it. I updated the Roku CBS News app. I updated Roku. I restarted my Roku. I restarted my TV. I restarted my modem. (All Multiple times) No luck. CBS live news has been unavailable for several days.

I've loaded the NBC News app, but I miss Vlad and Marie Ann.

steve111
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same exact problem I'm having, past week or so, prior to this CBS local channels dropped after 30 minutes or so and then stayed at 33% loading without advancing.   Now they won't even come on, with a 0% loading message that stays that way.   This only happens with the CBS NEWS channels, i.e., CBSN, CBS Sacramento, CBS Bay Area, CBS Los Angeles, etc.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Its the CBS News app live  that is not loading. It just scrolls at 0%. Taped shows play. 

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@annasoleille 

The CBSN stream in the CBS News app works fine for me. That would seem to rule out the stream. So, let's try basic troubleshooting on your app.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order. Any other order won't clear out any garbage data.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
KristenR

Re: Cbsn app not working for the past week

Jump to solution

CBS NEWS is having the issue. The past 8 days or so I have only been able to watch replays, but nothing live is working it is only "loading" but staying at 0% until it times out. I have made sure my Roku is updated, the app was updated, reinstalled the app, and nothing is working. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Re: Cbsn app not working for the past week

Jump to solution

@KristenR 

Keep in mind that reinstalling the app must be done in the order of the three steps I listed. Many will do the three steps, just not in order. The order is important. If you do it any other order, you haven't done a proper reinstall.

Also, the CBSN stream on the CBS News app works for me. So, I'm thinking it's not the stream. Again, you said you reinstalled the app, but you didn't say that you did all the steps in the order required. Please confirm that, listing the order of the steps you did.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
OJP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Using the cbs news app which is label CBSN for short on the Roku ultra

0 Kudos
cim
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix CBS News app not loading live news

Jump to solution

A "FACTORY RESET" on ROKU solved the problem. I now get Live streaming CBSN.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@cim 

A remove, reboot, and restore of the app (all three steps, in that order) should have resolved it as well. Glad you got it working.

DBDukes

0 Kudos