Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ketd3581

Re: How to access MSNBC using my ROKU

0 Kudos
Ellenphil

Exactly. I only want msnbc . I don’t want the other 30 or 40 on Sling. 

Strega2
Roku Guru

That’s something to talk to MSNBC about.  For example, a few years ago, CNN started an individual streaming channel service.  A month later, after getting a new CEO, they shut it down, because the new CEO didn’t think people wanted to subscribe to a bunch of individual streaming channels. (He thought people preferred packages/one-stop-shopping.)

Apparently, MSNBC is going by a similar theory, so if that’s wrong for you, then let them know.

I would expect the streaming world to be in flux for years to come.  Apparently, the vast majority of streaming services are still losing money.  It’s the old: “Give it away below cost to dominate the market, then hope you figure out how to make money later” business model.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

NBC has both a free streaming news app (NBC News Now) and a cable news channel (MSNBC). And they seem content with that approach.

I've mentioned this earlier in the thread but I will say it again. You can listen to the MSNBC audio stream for free in the TuneIN app (or for $ in the SiriusXM app).

I have cable so I can authenticate the full MSNBC stream, but often I find the audio stream to be all that I need.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.