Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnkimon

How do I restart a youtube video?

Jump to solution

I watch youtube videos on TV via Roku.

If a video has been watched say half way through and I want it to go back to the beginning, how do I do this? If I press the rewind buttons on the remote control, it only moves things backwards at 10 second intervals and it would take ages if I used this method to get back to the start of longer videos. There's got to be a simple solution, which I've stupidly overlooked.

Thanks in advance.

JK

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I restart a youtube video?

Jump to solution

@johnkimon 

For Youtube, if you press and hold the Rewind button, that will rapidly rewind. (Same procedure for fast forward).

Each Channel/app has their own procedure. (for other channels/apps you may have to hit the rewind or ff button multiple times, ie. 1 press= 1x speed, 2 presses 2x speed, etc).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@johnkimon 

For Youtube, if you press and hold the Rewind button, that will rapidly rewind. (Same procedure for fast forward).

Each Channel/app has their own procedure. (for other channels/apps you may have to hit the rewind or ff button multiple times, ie. 1 press= 1x speed, 2 presses 2x speed, etc).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

johnkimon

Jump to solution

Thanks. This didn't initially work; but after I restarted the Roku player, it did, both for rewinding and fast forwarding.

flankadank
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This no longer works for me (holding back/button on Roku remote). It will rewind a couple of minutes then stop. If I try again, it will not rewind past that point. This feature worked up until a day or two ago. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @flankadank,

Thanks for your post. 

Have you tried the suggested above by @johnkimon? Restart your Roku device and try again. We recommend doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

If still not resolved, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Regards,
Nimfa

flankadank
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Restarting the Roku worked, thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@flankadank 

Thank you for the update.

We appreciate your effort and doing the suggested step. And we're glad to hear that restarting your Roku device resolved the issue you are seeing. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
1FineArtst
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Press and hold rewind button 95% of the time is useless! Depending on how much you need to rewind to start over you are pressing the rewind button so often you risk breaking the remote.  YouTube’s platform is undoubtedly the worst and I’m surprised in this day and age with the rapid advancement of technology, they continue to get away with it. GOOGLE are you listening? 

0 Kudos