Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Help - Roku Photo Streams Not Working - Crashes Immediately

Jump to solution

Hi @Bob64,

We appreciate the update and for sharing your observation about the Roku Photo Streams issue.

We're glad to know it's working now! Happy Streaming!

Thank you for using our services. It is our pleasure and privilege to serve you. We hope our service will exceed your expectations. We appreciate the trust you have placed in us and look forward to assisting you again.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EEE31x

Photo Streams broken on app and tv's

Jump to solution

I cannot open photo streams on my 2 tcl tv's or on the Roku app.

On the tv's the screen just blinks and returns to the home screen.

On the app i get an error message that says: error, somwthing went wrong, try again later.

0 Kudos
jlbtjb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your continued work to troubleshoot this problem. I posted my fix for this problem a couple of days ago (unplugging the Roku power cord for about 30 seconds and then plugging it back in), and Roku Photo Streams has been working correctly since then until just a little while ago when the screensaver once again crashed immediately when trying to open. It also crashed immediately when I clicked on the app to see if it was working. The purple Roku Photo Streams start screen briefly displays, and then the Roku returns to the home screen. I have once again been able to get Roku Photo Streams to work by simply unplugging the Roku for a few seconds and then plugging it back in. Restarting the Roku via the system menu did not work to fix the problem.

The Roku was on the home screen when I noticed the problem (the Roku Photo Streams screensaver kept trying to come on and immediately shut down). Prior to the problem occurring, I had been using Pandora (version 6.1 build 5).

My system specs are as follows:

Roku Device Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number: X010005K2MWN

Device ID: S02A213K2MWN

Software / OS Version: 11.5.0 build 4312-C2

I am not sure why the problem keeps occurring, but the only solution that works for me is to actually unplug the Roku for several seconds and then plug it back in.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Photo Streams broken on app and tv's

Jump to solution

Hi @EEE31x

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We have received feedback from some users who have experienced a similar issue and have reported that restarting their Roku device from the system menu has resolved the problem. 

To perform this solution, please use your Roku remote to navigate to the home screen, select Settings, then System, then Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), and finally System restart. Please note that it is important to restart your device via the system menu for this solution to be effective. 

We hope that this resolves the issue for you, but please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Nimfa

Quroshi

Re: Roku screensaver stopped working

Jump to solution

This did NOT solve the problem. This is really disappointing. It worked for a week or so and the family LOVED it... then it just stopped. Shows the title screen and then crashes. Does Roku really not have any actual tech support?

0 Kudos
dzba
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it quit working again  

Model 3930X - Roku Express

Serial number X00400LEXUN3

Software version

11.5.0 • build 4312-AE

Uptime 1 day 23 hours 48 minutes

Roku support roku.com/support

Device ID

S008309EXUN3

Network name

CenturyLink1265

IP address

s MAC address

8C:49:62:C3:44:62

0 Kudos
BobL1

Jump to solution

Sorry no joy. FYI the photostream app is version 1.44 March 7 vers

Roku express 4K+ serial x02200rml42f software 11.5.0 build 4315-e4.

0 Kudos
Jakeobryan3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuAustin 

Hi, I was able to get our 5 screens to display the PhotoStreams screensaver late yesterday after you all posted the System Restart fix. However, this morning, the screensaver did not start when the televisions powered on (our televisions power on on a schedule). I had to go to each screen and do a system restart, sometimes multiple times, to get the PhotoStreams screensaver to open.

They are all displaying now, but I will report back tomorrow morning if Photostreams start without having to perform a system restart.

0 Kudos
Jazzmatazz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still not working for me:

Model: C609x - Roku TV

Serial Number - X000004Y1P2P (S075R00Y1P2P)

Software Version - 11.5.0 . build 4312-A2

Timestapm - 2023-03-29T14:43:08Z

Issue ID - 2P-126-163

0 Kudos
Lerpinator
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello again,

Briefly, I have 4 TV’s all using Roku streaming devices. On 2 of them photo stream works. The other 2 photo stream seems to initiate then crashes. It started on these 2 TV’s (Hisense Roku TV and a LG tv with Roku Streaming stick+) AFTER I paired the Voice Remote Pro with them.

Yesterday photo stream on my Hisense Roku Tv started working after I reset Photo Stream as the screensaver. Today (3/2923) it is not working.  I have checked for updates, I have reset Photo stream as the screensaver, I have unplugged the devices and plugged them back in, I did a system reset and photo stream still does not initiate on the two affected TV’s.

I sent the info for the streaming stick, here is the info on the Hisense Roku TV:

Hisense model: 58R6+

Hardware ID: C232X

Serial number: X00100GVU8GY

Software OS: 11.5.0 * Build 4312-94

Device ID: S01MH14VU8GY

Thanks,

0 Kudos