Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo stream needs fix, it wont start

Jump to solution

Hi @kdahdeb @Cnino @Moondog,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with Photo Streams crashing. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • photo or video illustrating the issue so we can better understand what is occurring

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Help - Roku Photo Streams Not Working - Crashes Immediately

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing when accessing Photo Streams.

If you are still experiencing an issue with Photo Streams crashing, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • photo or video illustrating the issue so we can better understand what is occurring

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo Stream not working again??

Jump to solution

Hi @dzba,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with using the Photo Streams.

If the behavior continues while using Photo Streams, we recommend reviewing the suggestions for determining How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dzba
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We’ve been using Photo Stream for months and it just quit loading last week. We have used all the support suggestions but still will not load. When watching screen, it tries but then goes black and returns to main menu. 

0 Kudos
Jakeobryan3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

3820RW

X0170004KYVJ

S0904234KYVJ

11.5.0 4312-CU

Roku Photostreams V1.44 build 261a5151

Tracker ID: VJ-123-479

(I do not see an option to attach a video, but I have one if there is a way to get it to you.)

0 Kudos
arroyse

Jump to solution

I just bought my Roku (Express 4K+ 11.5.0m4312-CR) and installed Photo Streams. It will not open, it shows a loading screen and then reverts to the previous screen. No error message or anything. I've checked for updates and it says the channel is up to date.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jakeobryan3,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We appreciate you informing us about the issue with Photo Streams crashing to the home screen. We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know/ I'll be sure to update this Community thread

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Photo Streams isn't working

Jump to solution

Hello @Lovett

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with Photo Streams crashing. Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Luckydog
Reel Rookie

Photo Stream on TCL Roku TV Back to being broken in 2023?

Jump to solution

I have a TCL brand Roku TV that is about 2 to 3 years old, but has updated software. I just added the Roku photo streams channel and activated it as my screensaver choice after already assembling a 99 photo stream to be used as the screensaver.
And it completely crashes every single time it’s launched!

0 Kudos
Lerpinator
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mary,

Do you need the info from each person experiencing the problem?  I just now saw you posting. I will get the info for you if so.

thanks,

0 Kudos