Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlbtjb
Reel Rookie

Re: Help - Roku Photo Streams Not Working - Crashes Immediately

Jump to solution

After checking to see if the Roku software is up to date and doing multiple system restarts, I unplugged a USB flash drive that was plugged into the Roku and unplugged the Roku power cord for about 30 seconds. When I restarted the Roku, Roku Photo Streams was working normally, and the screensaver worked as well. I am not sure why this fixed the problem, but hopefully, this may help someone else who is experiencing this problem.

Lerpinator
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

The problem with photo stream starting started when I paired the Voice Remote Pro I just purchased.  I paired it with a Roku stick I have in a LG TV. Roku stick receives power via USB from the TV. As soon as I paired the voice remote pro the photo stream stopped working. It starts to initiate then crashes and returns to the Home Screen. I selected “forget this remote” - photo stream still will not initiate. I went through all the selected stops to fix the problem to no avail. I then paired the voice remote pro with my 58” Hisense Roku TV and the same problem occurred.  I have two other TV’s, one with a Roku stick the other with a Roku 2 streaming device. Photo stream will start on these two TV’s. The problem only occurred with the two tv’s I paired the Voice Remote Pro to.  The problem persists. How do I fix it.

@Lerpinator 

0 Kudos
Lerpinator
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ll try that.  Perhaps it will also work on my Roku TV if I unplug it for 30 seconds or so. 

0 Kudos
a56buster
Reel Rookie

Photo Stream channel will not go to screen saver.

Jump to solution

It acts like it's going to switch over to screen saver and then goes back to main page.  We've used it for a month and it worked perfectly.  Then it started doing this yesterday.  We've tried updating and it still is not working. 

Lerpinator
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Mary

the problem persists. I’ve checked for updates, I set photo stream as screensaver, I unplugged the Roku stick from the tv and power source. Did not correct the problem. Same with my Hisense Roku tv. Problem started with both when I paired the newly purchased voice remote pro. Is there something wrong with the voice remote pro that causes this to occur?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Roku Photo Streams Started Not Working Since My Last Update. I Have Reset It, Reinstalled It and Reupdated Yet It's Still Not Working

Lainerst17

Jump to solution

Thank you! That totally worked for me. My photo stream all of a sudden stopped launching and I’ve tried everything. Then I read your post, and I did the exact same thing, and now it works!

0 Kudos
Vkcde

Roku Photo Streams isn't working

Jump to solution

Roku photo Streams isn't working. I have removed the app off of my TV & even pressed * to check for an update. WiFi is working & running correctly. I put my screensaver time as 1 minute. The photo stream will act as if it's coming on, the purple screen with roku photo Streams will start up, then as quickly as it came on it will disappear & go back home. Like a screensaver behaves when you hit a button on the remote. Why does it do this & won't play? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issue!! I can select other screensavers and those come on fine. It’s only the Photo Stream that starts and immediately crashes. I have only noticed it as of today. I’ve restarted the tv, checked for updates in the tv system as well as updates in the Roku app. 

Jazzmatazz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing this issue. I tried every suggestion on here and nothing worked to resolve it. All software is up to date for both the tv and the channel.