Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack80van

Has anyone seen republican commercials or is Ruko only airing for the Democrat party?

Really would like to know why my Ruko cannel has doubled with ad's and every time one is of the Democrat candidate I have yet to see one single ad of the Republicans party.

Has anybody else noticed this?

25 REPLIES 25
LADSLD

Re: Has anyone seen republican commercials or is Ruko only airing for the Democrat party?

Noticed the same thing! No escaping that media bias!

andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Has anyone seen republican commercials or is Ruko only airing for the Democrat party?

Maybe Republicans are just not buying ads on the Roku platform?

Strega2
Roku Guru

So, produce an ad, pay The Roku Channel to show it, and if they refuse, then there might actually be “something going on”.  But I think you’ll find that they’ll be happy to take your money, just like they take anyone else’s money.

There are constant complaints about ads on Roku.  Too many, too loud, too repetitive, ads for “bad” companies, ads that are annoying, ads for things I don’t want my children seeing…

But on the same Roku, you can instead watch Netflix, Prime, Paramount+ etc. and never see an ad.  You can be the customer, or the advertiser can be the customer.  If you’re not the customer, you may not enjoy all the customers’ choices, but at least you can console yourself with the fact that you’re not paying for this garbage. 😀

Banned but back. Because why not?
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Ads are purchased and inserted both nationally, and regionally.  If you live in an area that one party or the other thinks they need to really "push", you're likely to see a preponderance of that party's advertising.  Likewise if you live in an area that one party thinks they "have in the bag", you may see little or none of their advertising.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
oldman359

Kamala Harris commercial on Real America's Voice News channel

Roku,

You have the best streaming player on the market.  That said, If you don't stop broadcasting Kamala Harris for President commercials on Real America's Voice News channel, I will throw both of my Roku Ultras in the garbage.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Kamala Harris commercial on Real America's Voice News channel

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @oldman359!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Rest assured that I will share this with the team as we always aim for your convenience and satisfaction. 

In the meantime, you may modify your ad preferences. Roku allows you to limit the types of ads shown on your device, by either hiding individual ads or limiting certain ad categories.

Use the following instructions to opt out of ads that may contain sensitive content:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Privacy
  4. Select Advertising
  5. Select Sensitive ad content
  6. Select one or more sensitive ad categories
  7. Press OK

For more information, here's the Support article dedicated to this: How to manage ad preferences

However, if this is being prompted on a specific app, we highly recommend directly raising this concern with the channel provider themselves, as they manage and maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform independently. 

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RAD4

Concerned RAV Viewer, 

I too was so upset with the Kamala Harris Presidential commercials on RAV. The frequency of them are increasing daily. I thought it was RAV broadcasting issue so I reached out to them.

They claimed they have to give the opposing candidate equal airtime. I wonder when Trump is going to get his airtime. Just because they talk about Trump on their shows is not the same as Trump's Presidential ads. I watch a conservative, Trump loving news station for reason and it is not to support Kamula Harris for President!

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@oldman359 

If you are watching RAV on some of the free LiveTV channels/apps (Roku Channel, Pluto, etc), try installing the free RAV standalone channel/app on your Roku device. https://channelstore.roku.com/details/5e1b380d0d963b69b988490cd2a0a488/real-americas-voice

---

You won't see the same commercials there.  I watch RAV through Rumble on my Roku devices and much better experiences than on the LiveTV offerings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Seeing a commercial is not supporting the advertiser!  The advertiser is paying to support your TV show!!

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.