Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Kamala Harris commercial on Real America's Voice News channel

If Roku refused to air them, they could be sued. Complain to the RNC and demand they air more commercials to even it up.

Or stop watching ad-supported TV for 2 months.

andyross
Roku Guru

This thread was originally about Real America's Voice. Are these new complaints still about that, or more general? If you read ALL the posts from the first, you will see realistic answers as to why you may see so many Democratic ads.

0 Kudos
Izzers22

Re: Has anyone seen republican commercials or is Ruko only airing for the Democrat party?

No just Democratic. It makes me sick watching only her on ads. At least make it non partial. It pisses me off our media isn't fair anymore. Wtf is our world coming to? We all looked back at our own parents as they were bewildered by changes. I don't have senior disorder lol. These changes have come so fast. We are not in control anymore n our children are being brainwashed. The stupidness is ridiculous!! 

Rivbrat74
Reel Rookie

Re: Has anyone seen republican commercials or is Ruko only airing for the Democrat party?

No!  I was just saying this last night. All I see is Kamala Harris commercials and I’m sick of it!!!!  I went into settings like Roku said and checked no for political ads and I still see just as many as I did before. I’m very disappointed in Roku clearly pushing for one side!!!  I will no longer recommend Roku to anyone! 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

And again, if Republicans are not buying ads, then you are only going to see Democratic ones. Roku can't force anyone to buy ads, and can't really refuse to air any.

All ads are extremely one sided, whether it's political or for a regular product. The idea is to make what is advertised godlike.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

To those complaining about political commercials, from EITHER party ...

Are you also complaining to your internet provider and your TV manufacturer?  They have as much to do with the delivery of these commercials as Roku does.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.