Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nea1938

Hallmark Movies Now is not playing.

Jump to solution

When I watch Hallmark live, it does work, but as soon as I try to watch a movie from Hallmark Movies Now, they just return to the play options when I press play. It worked fine before yesterday, my subscribtion is fine, I logged in and out, I cleared my browser settings (history, cookies and so on) and within the app I have  the same problem. It is only with Hallmark Movies Now. The rest that I have on the Roku Channel I can watch just fine. 

Anyone else having this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nea1968

Re: Hallmark Movies Now is not playing.

Jump to solution

I was not able to do that. I'm using the Roku Channel as a streaming service on my PC and really watch it mostly through my webbrowser.

But I finally decided to delete my Roku account, so I unsubscribed Hallmark movies first, deleted my account and made a new one, with the same e-mail address and that did the trick. I subscribed to Hallmark movies again and now it is working as it should.

Thanks for the reply though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Nea1938,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having a playback issue with a channel. In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Home>Settings>System>Power. "If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step." System restart.
  3. Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nea1968

Jump to solution

I was not able to do that. I'm using the Roku Channel as a streaming service on my PC and really watch it mostly through my webbrowser.

But I finally decided to delete my Roku account, so I unsubscribed Hallmark movies first, deleted my account and made a new one, with the same e-mail address and that did the trick. I subscribed to Hallmark movies again and now it is working as it should.

Thanks for the reply though.

0 Kudos
pmas

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. When I try to play any movie in the Hallmark Movies Now App on Roku and press play it does not play and just reloads the same screen. I am subscribed and there is no way to remove the channel, though I did unsubscribe. I also tried a System Restart and it did not help the problem. Note this only occurs on Hallmark Movies Now and Faith and Family channels in the Roku app, all of my other streaming services are working fine. I called Hallmark channel and they were helpful but said it was an issue with Roku channel and not them. Any chance I can get help fixing this? Sad to see such terrible customer service here.

linzee874

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue right now

0 Kudos
Wrestler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes with Up Faith and family. Something is wrong and it needs fixed.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Hallmark channel. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
flarp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Subscription channels can’t be removed the same way free channels can. There is no “remove channel” option when you star the channel.

A support agent told me via chat a few days ago the backend team was aware of the issue and working on it but I’m not sure that’s true.

I decided to just cancel the channels and requested a refund for the month since they bill in advance.

I love my Roku and I’m sure they’ll get this fixed one day but right now I’m afraid to add any Roku add on channels.

Jump to solution

Discover the perplexing enigma that has befallen the realm of Hallmark Movies Now! While Hallmark live streams enchant effortlessly, an elusive conundrum arises when attempting to indulge in the movies, for they whimsically return to the play options. Though subscriptions remain steadfast and diligent troubleshooting ensues, the predicament persists solely within the Hallmark Movies Now domain. Seek solace, for others may traverse this labyrinthine challenge.

0 Kudos
CindyLC

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Everything I’ve read, suggests DELETING the channel. The star button does NOT give me that option either.   I have tried restarting and unplugging. No help.  This is only affecting Hallmark Movies Now!  
HOW TO WE GET SERVICE???

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.